Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No I would do the same as yourself, call the make/model I don't personally like shit.
You still don't get a vote unless you are contributing the work.
The abbreviation for a device has nothing to do with someone's hack to it. It is what it is based on the name.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:01 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The abbreviation for a device has nothing to do with someone's hack to it. It is what it is based on the name.
Ah, but the only point that counts in this forum is who is contributing the work.
All you contribute is noise in this forum.

All you have to do to get your way considered is to change your behavior and contribute something useful other than just noise.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thanks for these links. I just remembered that I might have, maybe, installed the update blocker. Ayup, I did (voice of Ray Stevens* from The Streak "Ethel, don't look!"). That explains why I don't have the invert-colors available to me yet! (Oasis1, said to also get this function.**)

You dummy. (me) Installing update as we speak.

*He also keeps saying "Ayup, I dee-yid."

**But, even after the update, I don't see the invert-black-n-white function. Darn.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 04-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
**But, even after the update, I don't see the invert-black-n-white function. Darn.
I thought that, so far, that option is only available on KOA2, the 7" Oasis.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #20
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I thought there was some web language making it sound like the Oasis1 would have it, with some "next" firmward update. Obviously, it wasn't this one. Maybe I should treat myself to an Oasis2 for Mother's Day or something. A dog counts as a kid, right?!?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, it's a feature of the updated eink driver featured in the KOA2 .

(Note that the capability *for the eink driver* to invert the screen has been there for quite a while now, what's new in the KOA2 is the implementation of a waveform update mode tailored for that. Anyone that has ever tried a nightmode hack should get what I'm talking about (namely, that it won't look like nearly as much of a hot mess when turning pages) ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-17-2018 at 09:53 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #22
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Maybe I should treat myself to an Oasis2 for Mother's Day or something. A dog counts as a kid, right?!?
In this context, sure. The IRS may have a different opinion.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote