Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #61
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Texas spiders are what, 5" to 6" for the babies and larger for the adults. I remember a troupe of Texas cockroaches carrying off a small child.
Good one. The Wolf Spiders can get fairly big. Same with the Tarantulas. The Brown Recluse are not all that big ... but they pack a really nasty punch. The Black Widow Spiders I have seen have only been about 2 inches across ... but again, not something you want to mess with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
god help you. my hair stood on end just reading that sentence (it really doesn't matter if it's a texan exagerration, it probably is not that far from the truth). why you lot don't collectively move somewhere with more reasonable fauna is just beyond me.
You don't absolutely have to be insane to live in Texas, but it really does help. Ran across another Texas coral snake on the trail yesterday. The snakes really keep me on the trails and out of the brush in the summer. The snakes and the chiggers ... great, now I'm really itching.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #62
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, I save the doctors for 'important' stuff too......but what you are describing would have made that list for me. Guess I would have never made the grade as a pioneer.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #63
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
On my way to PetSmart to buy a kitty carrier so that we can take our new 'adoptee' to the vet tomorrow for his first checkup. I figure if we showed up with him in a plastic grocery bag, they might look 'askance' at us...dang judgemental people!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #64
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Starting ... once again from scratch ... on this chalkboard door project. Only this time, I'm doing one for the office too.

Then, I'm going to paint the bathroom off the office tonight too ... before I drop dead covered in clear calamine gel.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #65
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Right now: trying to stave off an anxiety attack. I seem to get them every time I have to deal with my older daughter, these days.

Ricky, I was watching the first X-Files episode tonight. Are you sure what you have are scorpion bites???
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #66
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Right now: trying to stave off an anxiety attack. I seem to get them every time I have to deal with my older daughter, these days.
oh, that sounds really bad. i'm sorry, neko. if it's any consolation, i hear i was pretty intolerable as an adolescent (i have this on the authority of such eye-witnesses as my parents), but people seem to find my company bearable these days... (in other words, maybe your daughter, like me, fine wine, and cheese, will improve with age).

Quote:
Ricky, I was watching the first X-Files episode tonight. Are you sure what you have are scorpion bites???
please be sure to post a warning in size 7 text if you are planning to add any details to that, so i will know to cover my eyes. i idiotically allowed a roommate to coerce me into watching the x-files with her once a looooong time ago ; it was the episode that takes place in a carny, with that guy who has a siamese twin growing out of his stomach, for those of you who know them all by heart. i still have nightmares about that episode, gaaa.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #67
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
And now we have x-files being advertised at the bottom of the page.

The first episode is pretty tame-- I remember the carny one you mean, and that one was much more violent. But in classic "alien abduction" style, several people in the first episode have these marks that are kind of like bug bites, but aren't.

I was not always pleasant as an adolescent, and I said and did things that make me cringe thinking about them as an adult. But not 24/7, to everyone in my family.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #68
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I just modified my signature to a plug for the Washington, DC Area Meet-up.

I am also avoiding any and all creepy-crawlies around here.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:40 AM   #69
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
OK, I'll creep and crawl away out of here...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #70
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:

A few are scorpion stings. However, there is at least one spider bite, and three or four mosquito bites.

One of the scorpion sting areas has become infected. It's really amazing how fast a staph infection can get a hold and take off. The whole of my left upper arm is swollen, red, itchy and hot to the touch. It's classic for a staph infection.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #71
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
A few are scorpion stings. However, there is at least one spider bite, and three or four mosquito bites.

One of the scorpion sting areas has become infected. It's really amazing how fast a staph infection can get a hold and take off. The whole of my left upper arm is swollen, red, itchy and hot to the touch. It's classic for a staph infection.
get it seen to......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #72
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
get it seen to......
Wednesday ... if necessary.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #73
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Now Dr Quackenbush would just rub magnets over the infected area, pronounce you cured, and collect his bill. Just think how far the medical profession has evolved today. Now they demand payment before treatment.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #74
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I just came back inside after a fire alarm. Some maintenance workers in the office building accidentally set it off.
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #75
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm trying to get an unutterably silly picture ul'd. Thanks to Super QZ!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?