Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 07:46 AM   #41536
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
We got mom moved back into the post-stroke rehab, so I am spending the day baking things in a bite-sized form that she can eat.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #41537
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's my fault by extension. The fire next door was my fault, or at least if I had woken up sooner the damage wouldn't have been as bad (I've heard my father tell this to an acquaintance). My uncle had cancelled several home insurances without taking out new ones because he thought that was my father's responsibility. Those were the type of insurances a rented can't take out, only the homeowner (or the person who takes care of their business). Not that my uncle had mentioned that he cancelled them. We had to spend a lot of money getting the house livable again and the store had to be closed for almost two months because we had to clean and redecorate it ourselves.

If there had been less damage my father would have had more money up front to take on my uncle. Plus, my uncle took advantage of us being down, it's likely if the fire didn't happen, or the impact was less, that he would have waited with trying to sell until my grandmother died.

The will is my grandparents fault. They had told my parents they had put it down a certain way and they hadn't. I also blame my uncle for later, after my grandfather's dead and when my grandmother was in the first stages of dementia, influencing my grandmother to change the will to his advantage.

But, yeah, because I didn't wake up sooner everything is my fault.

You know, don't take this the wrong way, but maybe it's well past time that you find a completely different job and move out. I just don't see your situation EVER improving. In life, in dysfunctional families, we get assigned these "roles." We can never move out of them, no matter what. Someone is the family clown; someone else is the family black sheep, or The Failure. Someone is always "the Successful one."

I just don't see anything but more aggro and emotional abuse for you, to be honest. Why not move out, and let your family start to value what you provided?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #41538
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
You know, don't take this the wrong way, but maybe it's well past time that you find a completely different job and move out. I just don't see your situation EVER improving. In life, in dysfunctional families, we get assigned these "roles." We can never move out of them, no matter what. Someone is the family clown; someone else is the family black sheep, or The Failure. Someone is always "the Successful one."

I just don't see anything but more aggro and emotional abuse for you, to be honest. Why not move out, and let your family start to value what you provided?

Hitch
To be hones it isn't always this bleak. But when a court date or a date when the judge rules or decides on something comes closer tensions rise. Add to that that there was a meeting last week with the lawyer, which also doesn't help.

It's always easier said than done to just up and leave. Part of it's guilt and part of it's perceived responsibility. Since the fire my life's been on hold.

Anyway. The next couple of days I only have to work mornings. The weather will be great. So I have some fun things planned; tomorrow I'm going to get my hair cut (not necessarily fun, but needed), on Thursday I'm treating myself to short cycle trip to my favourite restaurant in the woods for lunch and on Friday a long planned visit to the scrapbook store. If the weather hold I might go on a long(er) bike trip on Sunday.

For tonight I have some ice cream and plan to finish off the documentary series The Staircase (Micheal Peterson creeps me out!) and maybe one or two episodes of Godless.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #41539
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
After a morning spent in hospital waiting rooms (everyone is OK ... whew), I got it out of my system this afternoon by running the weed whacker -- for the first time this year ....

Now the yard no longer resembles a marsh with tall spiky things waving in the breeze ...
and I can barely feel my arms (too much vibration from the motor)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #41540
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
After a morning spent in hospital waiting rooms (everyone is OK ... whew), I got it out of my system this afternoon by running the weed whacker -- for the first time this year ....

Now the yard no longer resembles a marsh with tall spiky things waving in the breeze ...
and I can barely feel my arms (too much vibration from the motor)
So your arms aren't waving in the breeze either? That's too bad.

We've still got 35 degrees and possible snow. I envy you!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #41541
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
So your arms aren't waving in the breeze either? That's too bad.

We've still got 35 degrees and possible snow. I envy you!
I can't even imagine what your "spring" has been like so far!
Old 04-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #41542
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
After a morning spent in hospital waiting rooms (everyone is OK ... whew)
As rotten and dreary and deadly and unending as any stint in the ER is, being able to walk out with a clean bill cues the Hallelujah Chorus. Good news.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #41543
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
As rotten and dreary and deadly and unending as any stint in the ER is, being able to walk out with a clean bill cues the Hallelujah Chorus. Good news.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #41544
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've made brownies earlier today, so I'm going to curl up with a cup of tea, some brownies and start a new book.

I also made a trip to the scrapbook store today. The paper trimmer I wanted was sold out, so I ordered it. I did splurge a bit, but I've got a lot of goodies to keep me occupied next week during King's Night and King's Day. I'm going to put on my noise cancelling headphones, listen to podcasts and craft. Next year King's day is on a Saturday, I've decided I will either book a cottage for a long weekend or I might visit Birmingham/Wolverhampton for a couple of days, it's been a few years since my last visit.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:17 PM   #41545
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I've made brownies earlier today, so I'm going to curl up with a cup of tea, some brownies and start a new book.

I also made a trip to the scrapbook store today. The paper trimmer I wanted was sold out, so I ordered it. I did splurge a bit, but I've got a lot of goodies to keep me occupied next week during King's Night and King's Day. I'm going to put on my noise cancelling headphones, listen to podcasts and craft. Next year King's day is on a Saturday, I've decided I will either book a cottage for a long weekend or I might visit Birmingham/Wolverhampton for a couple of days, it's been a few years since my last visit.
Brownies? mmmmmmmmmmmm...

I wonder how much postage is from Utrecht to Seattle?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #41546
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Brownies? mmmmmmmmmmmm...

I wonder how much postage is from Utrecht to Seattle?
...with a dropoff in Arizona????

Hitch
Old 04-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #41547
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Can anyone recommend a good clipart website, I don't mind if I have to pay per download.

I've been into planning lately and I've discovered that on Etsy I can buy downloadable sticker files (shipping is often expensive, especially when you only want to buy a couple of sheets). Which I can print on sticker paper and cut out on my plotter.

However, I can't find downloadable files for some icons I would like to have, for instance a podcast icon. So I've decided to try making my own planner stickers. But for that I need a good source of clipart. There are so many clipart websites and it's hard to see which to trust, since you have to register for most of them.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #41548
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good clipart website, I don't mind if I have to pay per download.

I've been into planning lately and I've discovered that on Etsy I can buy downloadable sticker files (shipping is often expensive, especially when you only want to buy a couple of sheets). Which I can print on sticker paper and cut out on my plotter.

However, I can't find downloadable files for some icons I would like to have, for instance a podcast icon. So I've decided to try making my own planner stickers. But for that I need a good source of clipart. There are so many clipart websites and it's hard to see which to trust, since you have to register for most of them.
I can't help, but perhaps you'd like to post this as a separate thread, to attract more attention?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #41549
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:

Y'know....I JUST saw something, for sticker art. Damn, where was that?...RATS, I can't find it. You should try some of the cheap bundle sites, like MightyDeals, MyDesignDeals, etc. You can ALWAYS find sticker deals there.

HTH,
Hitch
Old 04-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #41550
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I can't help, but perhaps you'd like to post this as a separate thread, to attract more attention?
Yes, I had the same idea last night. I will, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Y'know....I JUST saw something, for sticker art. Damn, where was that?...RATS, I can't find it. You should try some of the cheap bundle sites, like MightyDeals, MyDesignDeals, etc. You can ALWAYS find sticker deals there.

HTH,
Hitch
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look.

I've just spend three hours of messing about with files, printing and plottering. Not everything was a success, first due to a wrong setting and later because my blade had become too dull. I've now used up all the sticker paper I had. I've ordered a new pack, hopefully it's thicker than the one Avery sells, which is not only very thin but also doesn't print nicely, at least not for my use. So far I've been using the plotter's own brand of sticker paper, which is nice and thick. But expensive at €6 for 8 sheets. The one I've ordered, made by Herma, is just over €3 for 10 sheets. I've also ordered a pack of clear sticker paper by the same brand, to see if the ink of my printer will dry on those sheets.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?