Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 08:54 AM   #1
oddman5
oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
How I hold my Voyage with Origami-cover

I found the best way, (for me at least), is folding it like you would when putting it on a table. This way you can easily turn pages with one hand, using your thumb. (By swiping) And it feels comfortable to hold.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhQcU_5rKOSsj4Itla0IGYFw9ah3hA
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhQcU_5rKOSsj4IsduiFyolgezjOEg
oddman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddman5 View Post
I found the best way, (for me at least), is folding it like you would when putting it on a table. This way you can easily turn pages with one hand, using your thumb. (By swiping) And it feels comfortable to hold.

And is unlikely to be damaged by your nose.
Ref:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285447
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
For me, the best way was to let it go with my Voyage. I sold both, cheap, to a college student and read on my Paperwhite with the standard Kindle cover.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:

Good tip; thanks. I have the Voyage and leather Origami cover. I think when I first got it I tried it a few ways like this and then promptly forgot. This way seems nice, though I prefer pressing the button (which I can do this way) rather than swiping.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:15 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I do exactly the same. I find it a very sturdy way to hold it.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

I hate the origami cover with a passion. For me with my arthritis, there is no good way to hold it, and having it flop around like a limp noodle when you open and close it is a major fail.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 PM   #7
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I hate the origami cover with a passion. For me with my arthritis, there is no good way to hold it, and having it flop around like a limp noodle when you open and close it is a major fail.
Do you use a case? If so, what?
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote