Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 06:20 AM   #46
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'll give it a go sometime soon!

(Command-line is much much much easier than GUI, I think.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #47
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
@Frenzie I compiled some Linux binaries with PyInstaller on Xubuntu 16.04 x86/x64.

Edit: Uploaded them officially ;o)

They should run in the newer versions (I check them with 17.04 and 18.04), but I don't have any other systems to check them on.

Because I know nothing about Linux distributions and their compatibility, can you (and anybody with a working Linux system) please check them and tell me if they work, so I could release them along the windows build?

Last edited by embryo; 03-09-2019 at 05:34 AM.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #48
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Working here on a Ubuntu 18.04 VM (x64).

ldd:
Code:
linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe44975000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f5e06f92000)
libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007f5e06d75000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f5e06984000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f5e07196000)
warnings:
Code:
UserWarning: The soupsieve package is not installed. CSS selectors cannot be used.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #49
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Working here on a Ubuntu 18.04 VM (x64).

ldd:
Code:
linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe44975000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f5e06f92000)
libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007f5e06d75000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f5e06984000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f5e07196000)
What is the ldd? (Linux ignorandus..)
Edit: Read about it, ok, thanks.

Quote:
warnings:
Code:
UserWarning: The soupsieve package is not installed. CSS selectors cannot be used.
That is a BeautifulSoup import missing, but its not needed with KoHighlights.

Thanks for testing..

Last edited by embryo; 03-08-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:32 AM   #50
embryo
Fanatic

• Updated to v0.8.0.0
    • Option to change the size of the toolbar buttons with right-click.
    • Linux binaries for x86/x64 with PyInstaller.
    • The Python script has now a command-line interface for batch conversions.
    • Fixed: The Python script can run with Python2/3.
    • Fixed: Reloading the same files after clearing the book list, works now.

Last edited by embryo; 03-13-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Advert
Old 03-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #51
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Because I know nothing about Linux distributions and their compatibility, can you (and anybody with a working Linux system) please check them and tell me if they work, so I could release them along the windows build?
It works on my Debian, but that's a pretty bad test given that I already installed all the prerequisites.

If it works on the Ubuntu 17.04 and 18.04 LiveCDs compatibility should generally be decent enough. You could also check Fedora, which tends to be the most aggressive in unexpectedly not shipping "standard" libraries.

Just to give you an example (wholly irrelevant to you of course ;-) ), see here.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #52
embryo
Fanatic

Tried with a Fedora LiveCD and it was running (kind of, except that it didn't find the default font config or something and used a fixed width courier-like font for everything) but I could not create a VM from it to really test it.
The ready made ones I found from osboxes.org were not working also.
Enough time invested..
Old 03-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #53
embryo
Fanatic

• Updated to v0.9.0.0
    • Option to export highlights in HTML format.
    • Linux binaries now support the command-line interface.
    • Fixed: The sorting direction (ascending-descending) sometimes was not saved.

Last edited by embryo; 03-13-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #54
embryo
Fanatic

• Updated to v0.9.1.0
    • Code refactoring.
    • Fixed: Comments in highlights with more than one paragraphs could not get changed.

Last edited by embryo; 03-13-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #55
embryo
Fanatic

• Updated to v1.0.0.0
    • New Archive mode. Using a local database in which we can add/upgrade any loaded book's metadata (with the highlights of course) that we get from the reader, and access it even if the reader is not connected.
    • We can now export to html from "Highlights" view too.
    • The user interface has 2 modes now ("Loaded" and "Archived"). In any of these modes we can view the highlights using two views: as rows of "Books" or as rows of "Highlights".
    • Fixed: Could not hide Comments while viewing or exporting highlights.
    • Fixed: Drag & dropping multiple folders, was loading only the last one.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:48 PM   #56
embryo
Fanatic

• Updated to v1.2.2.0
    • Option to ignore the English articles at the start of the title while sorting.
    • Option to merge highlights/sync position with the archived version (using right click on loaded book).
    • New "Rating" column.
    • There is an optional question dialog when adding/merging books in the archive.
    • "Abandoned" book rows now have red text.
    • Single launch App.
    • No more Linux.x86 binary (nobody used it anyways...).
    • Fixed: Some problems with drag&dropping books.
    • Fixed: Wrong "Delete" button when in Archived mode.
    • Fixed: Better Python 3 compatibility (for the .py version).

Last edited by embryo; 08-24-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:08 AM   #57
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
[*]No more Linux.x86 binary (nobody used it anyways...).
I might but just straight Python works for me.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #58
aldazo
Enthusiast
aldazo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi,
I installed the newer version (the 1.2.2 one using the Qt framework (PySide)) but it shows nothing, I mean there isn't a visual display (window) or anything, but I know it is open because in the Task Manager the process is running and consuming RAM.

So I unistalled it and then I installed the 1.1.0 version but the issue persisted. So I unistalled it, and this time I downloaded the original KoHighlights (using the wxPython) version 0.1.6 and it worked! However, I want the 1.2.2 to use the more recent features.

So my question is, what do I need to do (or check) in order to get the last version working properly? That meaning being able to view and interact with the program's window.

My PC has Windows 7 Ultimate Service pack 1. Thank you in advance.
aldazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #59
embryo
Fanatic

This is very strange..
Is there anything written in the "C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\KoHighlights\error_log_2020-xx-xx.txt" (xx-xx is month-day)?
Unfortunately, KOHighlights does not have a proper logging system..

There seems to be some problem with the PySide in your system.
I'm using Win7x64 SP1 myself.
Do you use the x86 version?

Another thing you can try is to install another app of mine (e.g. KataLib), that also uses the PySide library, to see how it goes.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:56 PM   #60
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Multiple displays? HiDPI?

(I'm thinking geometry issues, the window spawning OOB-ish or on the wrong screen).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote