Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #1066
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I see. Thank you very much anyway
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:11 AM   #1067
AverageDude
AverageDude began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
just installed KOreader. Big Thanks to the developers! Works nice.

Just one question:

Is it possible to make KOreader my default reader?

So that every Document (epub, mobi, pdf) is shown in my "Kindle Library" (instead of the koreader file manager) and when i click on it, it starts with koreader?
AverageDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:12 AM   #1068
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@AverageDude: Technically, yes (that's KPVBooklet). Realistically, no, as that's been slightly to severely broken for quite a while on "newer" firmware versions, and it's unmaintained, which makes it effectively unsupported, since if you ever report an issue, my first answer is going to be: does it happen if you reboot the device and start KOReader with KUAL instead? .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #1069
AverageDude
AverageDude began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Ah Thanks for the quick reply!

i am afraid i did not quite understand your question. I started KOReader with KUAL every time.

Is there any other option? It's not hard work to first look for kual and then start KOReader.. but it would be very convenient to "start reading" right away when i switch on my kindle. Is there any possibility to autostart it? Or to create some kind of shortcut on my dashboard?
AverageDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:48 AM   #1070
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Used to be:

https://github.com/koreader/kpvbooklet

But now it is broken on newer firmwares. So basically : don't use that & learn to live with starting Koreader from KUAL.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:15 AM   #1071
airp
airp began at the beginning.

Device: kindl
Good day. I installed koreader on the Kindle, a very handy program.

The only thing I didn't like was the touch zones on the screen. I want to use the entire bottom of the screen to go to the front and the top to go back.

I was advised the following code:
Dtap_zone_backward:
h = 0.5
W = 1
X = 0
y = 0
Dtap_zone_forward:
h = 0.5
w = 1
x = 0
y = 0.5

But after these changes, the status bar is no longer displayed.
It appears only after turning on the "progress indicator". But still, every time I open a new book, the status bar disappears.

How can I solve this problem?
Sorry for possible mistakes, I am writing through a translator.
airp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #1072
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@airp: Double-posting won't magically help you get an answer. Quite the contrary.

Posting an actual config instead of broken pseudo-code might, on the other hand.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #1073
airp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@airp: Double-posting won't magically help you get an answer. Quite the contrary.

Posting an actual config instead of broken pseudo-code might, on the other hand.

Thanks for the advice. I did not find an opportunity to write personally to the user, so I wrote in one thread. In this thread, I asked everyone for help.
Tell me, what configuration should I write. I only changed two lines in koreader settings. Then a file appeared with the name
defaults.persistent.lua
Its content:
Quote:
-- For configuration changes that persists between updates
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {
["y"] = 0,
["h"] = 0.5,
["x"] = 0,
["w"] = 1
}
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {
["y"] = 0.5,
["h"] = 0.5,
["x"] = 0,
["w"] = 1
}

Last edited by airp; 07-21-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #1074
airp

The issue was resolved by reinstalling the application
Old 08-21-2020, 10:19 PM   #1075
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Will KoReader work on the Kindle Dx? I've used Librerator, but it's no longer maintained, and the interface is so different from the core.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:51 AM   #1076
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Technically it works, but it's much slower.

It insists on showing pdfs in continuous mode. I have to switch to page mode every time I open a new pdf, and hope the system doesn't freeze up again. That requires pressing the navigation button and moving to the 2-column menu, it's not reachable from the menu button.

It also doesn't work with existing Kindle collections.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #1077
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You can set a different default by long pressing it, but on keyboard-only devices you might have to edit the configuration file yourself on a PC.

Perhaps the 128MB RAM on the Kindle DX is too restrictive? I wouldn't think it should be noticeably slower.

But it's certainly possible that KPV/Librerator is overall better on a 2010 device.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #1078
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Just installed on KPW4, thanks
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:04 AM   #1079
trefoil
trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
Any suggestions for getting a Kindle 5th generation (w/o touch) running? I just want a simple reader where I can do wifi to send files. Koreader is working on it, but I'm having trouble with the network and the keyboard entry. The network is connected enough to do an auto update with koreader, but even still, the network info says "gateway ping failed" and calibre never connects. Plus, I can't enter the calibre address manually, since every time i finish entering the ip, I can't get the keyboard to work again for the port number, so I end up cancelling the dialog. Incidentally, the ssh-server on koreader works, as I was able to log into the kindle from the same machine running the calibre server. Also, if I tell koreader to connect calibre with auto wireless settings, it always asks me if I want to turn on wifi, even when wifi is already on.
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:57 PM   #1080
trefoil
trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trefoil View Post
Any suggestions for getting a Kindle 5th generation...
Sorry...I meant that it is a K4 silver, not a K5.
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch