Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 03:45 AM   #46
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
Yes but she's WRITING her book on her phone. Insanity.
Like the guy who built a house with nothing but a swiss army knife - sounds crazy, but some folks do crazy things <shrug> Or maybe she's cheating - using a bluetooth keyboard, or dictating into an app??

Re. the Kindle Fire, if Amazon would sell me one I'd buy one in a heartbeat, and I'd ditch it equally fast if Apple made a ~7" iPad, for all the usual reasons - integration with my existing devices and services, Apple's eco-system, familiarity of the device/OS etc.. etc..
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #47
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I haven't been able to see a Kindle Fire yet, because they're still not available in the UK, where I have my Amazon account.

I haven't up till now really wanted a tablet yet, but I may have need of one later this year. I'll probably go for an iPad3, but if Amazon had a 9 or 10-inch tablet I might well prefer it.

Does anyone know anything about Amazon planned launches? KF in UK? Bigger tablet anywhere?
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm sure someone knows but they work for Amazon and they aren't talking. Frankly, I suspect the localization issues are mainly legal dealing with copyrights. Rumors abound about a 10" Kindle Fire in the next few months but I remain skeptical about its potential success.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #49
dulcamara
dulcamara began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Depends. I like my KF, but faster response + apple infrastructure + low price would get me to switch. However, the size of the KF is as large as I can deal with for a tablet. It fits in a sport coat pocket. I'm not interested in anything even 10% larger.

My KF is not a member of my family or a puppy. If Apple or anyone else offers me a better business proposition, I will take it.
dulcamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #50
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcamara View Post
... low price...
Weren't we talking about Apple? Anyway, 2 our 3 ain't that bad.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #51
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
... seems there's another update on the 7" iPad rumour ... LED manufacturers confirming an "iPad mini" coming in Q3 2012: http://www.oled-display.net/apple-ip...future-ipads/#

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #52
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
... seems there's another update on the 7" iPad rumour ... LED manufacturers confirming an "iPad mini" coming in Q3 2012: http://www.oled-display.net/apple-ip...future-ipads/#

Best regards,
Andy

Hmmm...
Quote:
In an official Samsung Securities document which we get from an anonymous user Samsung confirm that Apple is in talk with SAmsung Mobile Display to deliver flexible...blah blah

Not what I would call a"confirmation"
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #53
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
... hehe, well, as far as rumours go, of course.

But it stays interesting.
Nevertheless, when they want to sell 100 million iPads, adding the 7" model makes sense, I guess.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #54
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Weren't we talking about Apple? Anyway, 2 our 3 ain't that bad.
The iPad is already competitively priced. You really think they would price a 7" any higher? I doubt it.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
The iPad is already competitively priced. You really think they would price a 7" any higher? I doubt it.
Well, that's certainly your opinion. Mine is that pretty much all tablets (Android & iOS) are overpriced.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #56
truffles15
truffles15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
NO - I have worked to get all the extra little add-ons for the Kindle Fire and it is doing just fine for me.
truffles15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #57
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Well, that's certainly your opinion. Mine is that pretty much all tablets (Android & iOS) are overpriced.
Well that I can agree with. But compared to other tablets, it's not an opinion. I would consider it a fact.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote