Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 01:59 AM   #1
medeepak
medeepak began at the beginning.

Device: PC / Kindle
Kindle (2016) in reboot loop

I got a Kindle touch (2016 version). It was working till last week but it is now struck on a reboot loop. When I try to hard reboot, it tries to reboot for like 7-8 times and then ends up in "Your Kindle needs repair" with an error code 2

When I connect it to my PC, its not getting detected. I was going through unbricking guide but it seems to require Kindle being detected on PC

Is it possible to recover from here
medeepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by medeepak View Post
I got a Kindle touch (2016 version). It was working till last week but it is now struck on a reboot loop. When I try to hard reboot, it tries to reboot for like 7-8 times and then ends up in "Your Kindle needs repair" with an error code 2

When I connect it to my PC, its not getting detected. I was going through unbricking guide but it seems to require Kindle being detected on PC

Is it possible to recover from here
There is no unbricking guide for that model, at least not here.
At least not the model I **think** that you have.
It should be new enough to still be under warranty, call Kindle customer service, get it exchanged.

If they can't help you, before you post again, check the first six characters of the device's serial number in this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
That will give you the nickname the model is known by here, specific enough for a proper technical reply.
Your device's serial number is on the label of the box it came in and also shown on your Amazon account "Manage Devices and Content" page.

Also mention what firmware version it was running when it failed, if you know for certain what that was.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Have you put it on a wall charger for at least 24 hours?
Do that first.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
That might benefit from the method where you create a blank file on your computer with the file name DO_FACTORY_RESTORE without any file type like .txt added to the end.
Connect the kindle to your computer and if it shows up long enough, copy the file to your kindle. Then disconnect it and reboot it again using the power button.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:00 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
If you do not have time to work with us to solve your problem, then follow the similar problem, starting here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2593
and the following posts.

If you do not have time to follow that part of the thread, subscribe to the thread using the "thread tools" dropdown box at the top of the page after clicking to the above link.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #6
medeepak

Sorry for the delay in reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is no unbricking guide for that model, at least not here.
At least not the model I **think** that you have.
It should be new enough to still be under warranty, call Kindle customer service, get it exchanged.

If they can't help you, before you post again, check the first six characters of the device's serial number in this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
That will give you the nickname the model is known by here, specific enough for a proper technical reply.
Your device's serial number is on the label of the box it came in and also shown on your Amazon account "Manage Devices and Content" page.

Also mention what firmware version it was running when it failed, if you know for certain what that was.
I live in India and I had received the Kindle from my cousin in US. Just the Kindle without any boxes and all. I am not sure if I can contact Indian Amazon support over this and if they at all will help in this.

From serial number, it seems to be Kindle Basic 2
Regarding firmware version, I remember it to be 5.8.8 when I checked it last. Not sure if it indeed was the version when it failed
Old 09-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #7
medeepak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Have you put it on a wall charger for at least 24 hours?
Do that first.
Tried it ( I put it on charger for like 30 hours)
Did not work