Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #16
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
Have been seriously looking at this one! Does the default reader have night mode (black background-white font)?
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:23 AM   #17
Riche101
Riche101 began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Pro HD 20016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mising View Post
Have been seriously looking at this one! Does the default reader have night mode (black background-white font)?
No night mode, but I find it to be fine using it at night tbh. I've tried Moon+ but too much ghosting and don't find it ti be as smooth
Riche101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #18
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche101 View Post
No night mode, but I find it to be fine using it at night tbh. I've tried Moon+ but too much ghosting and don't find it ti be as smooth
Thank you, does the back light go lower than a normal T62? Both of the ones I have had, it turns off at the 4th level which is still quite bright. So far my nook is the only reader I have had where it will go low enough.
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #19
Riche101
Riche101 began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Pro HD 20016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mising View Post
Thank you, does the back light go lower than a normal T62? Both of the ones I have had, it turns off at the 4th level which is still quite bright. So far my nook is the only reader I have had where it will go low enough.
The Pro Hd has 25 levels, from my experience anything over lvl 5 you will never use. I only crank it up if viewing sites like this on my Apus browser. Built in browser seems slow. At night lvl 1 light is good enough attached link to photo of it on lowest light https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3B...p=docslist_api

Last edited by Riche101; 03-26-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Riche101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #20
Bernice_Richards
Bernice_Richards began at the beginning.

Device: LG
It's slow, painfully slow IF OVERLOAD OF BOOKS. BUT THAT HAS THE ADVANTAGE TO BE REALLY A TABLET ANDROID, YOU CAN INSTALL PROGRAMS useful or necessary, SUCH AS THE "KINDLE APP" TO READ BOOKS Amazon EDITORS TYPE OFFICE, ETC ... WHICH GIVES FLEXIBILITY FOR USE MUCH.
Bernice_Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #21
wiedster
wiedster began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Reader Pro HD
hi, i bought this device and it worked very well for a few days. now it wont turn on. only the "to be continued" screen can be seen. long pressing the power button does nothing. the homepage isn't very helpful. customer service doesn't respond. is there any way to hard reset the device? thanks in advance.

wiedster
wiedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #22
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiedster View Post
hi, i bought this device and it worked very well for a few days. now it wont turn on. only the "to be continued" screen can be seen. long pressing the power button does nothing. the homepage isn't very helpful. customer service doesn't respond. is there any way to hard reset the device? thanks in advance.

wiedster
Have you tried charging the battery ? With an e-ink screen when the battery is discharged you will still see the last page displayed but the device will be unresponsive.

This happened to me on my Pro + only the other day.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #23
wiedster

thx for your quick reply. i took it from the charger when the red light went off. so i assume it is indeed charged.nevertheless i connected to the power again. no reaction by the reader (meaning no chargelight). i think it might be broken but wanted to check here first if maybe anyone knows a button combination to reset the thing.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #24
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is taken from the Troubleshooting section of the User Instructions for your reader :

Quote:
The eReader has been blocked and unresponsive.

Try pressing the Reset button on the base using a very thin object such as a paper clip.
The illustration doesn't identify a reset button, however neither does it show the LED - just make sure you're poking the paper-clip into the right hole. On my Pro + the reset button is next to the USB port with the LED next to the "Standby/Off" button.

BobC
Old 05-30-2016, 08:55 AM   #25
wiedster

thx again. i found that too. it seems to refer to the older model with audio jack. no reset hole on mine. :-(
Old 05-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #26
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Try holding page up + page down + start for 5 sec. If this does not work, let it charge for 24h and try again. If you do not get a reaction from your Pro HD after that, contact Energy Sistem for a replacement. They are slow but they do answer.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:25 PM   #27
wiedster

thx for replying. i tried what you said. used the up down keys on only one side and as an alternative one one the left and one on the right together with power. nothing sadly. and though im sure the battery is full, ill try loading and try again tomorrow. im not hopeful though. will report back.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #28
BobC
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiedster View Post
thx again. i found that too. it seems to refer to the older model with audio jack. no reset hole on mine. :-(
Rather unusual to have no reset button, are you sure there isn't one at the rear which would be hidden if you have the reader in a cover.

The other manoeuvre that might be worth trying is to press and hold the on/off button for more than 10 seconds; one of my Android tablets uses this for a hard reset.

BobC
Old 05-31-2016, 12:21 AM   #29
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Rather unusual to have no reset button, are you sure there isn't one at the rear which would be hidden if you have the reader in a cover.

The other manoeuvre that might be worth trying is to press and hold the on/off button for more than 10 seconds; one of my Android tablets uses this for a hard reset.

BobC
There is no reset hole on the pro HD.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:32 PM   #30
wiedster

so, charging overnight and retrying the above mentioned button combo didn't work. but energy sistem support contacted me. im now in negotiations regarding warranty. i'll report here for future buyers on what to expect from them. hope all works out. meanwhile im back to my kindle.

UPDATE: Reader was picked up today to be shipped back to spain. no shipping costs. i handled the matter via amazon. being cautiously optimistic of a happy ending atm.

Last edited by wiedster; 06-02-2016 at 05:12 PM.