Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 04:37 PM   #121
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks Tom.
I 100% agree with JSWolf on this. Thank you, Tom!!
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:06 AM   #122
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes. That's a truly awesome gift of time and energy over a prolonged time. Thank you, sir.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:09 AM   #123
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Bravo Tom, and thanks for your help to me.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #124
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
It’s been interesting reading all the posts in this thread, and I think issybird is right in the first post in that membership in both clubs has decreased greatly over the years, and a combination of both book clubs into one remaining book club was a very good idea.

I didn’t have much time irl to process the idea at first, which taken logically equated to closing down the lit club mid-year (the lit club year goes from July to June) in favour of a new club, so it was a lot to suddenly take in hence my delay posting here, but it was intriguing and the lit club discussed and strongly considered it.

In the end, the lit club will stay open however and continue on as before. Both clubs not coming together to form one cohesive new club wasn’t for lack of trying, but it just wasn’t meant to be. Plans and decisions for the new club are moving briskly along, and really it seems meant as more of a successor to the prior general club. There’s nothing wrong with that; it’s just that committing to closing down the lit club asap for a club that very well may have nothing inherently literary or lit club about it is a lot to ask.

So, the new club seems poised for an energetic start and the lit club will soldier on whilst it can. I hope everyone realises they can participate in either or both, and I invite everyone interested to visit the lit club as well whether new or returning, and I wish the new club success in the new year.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote