Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #31
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Settings/applications find the app and look at its info same place you clear data on a app.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Thanks. I went to Setting/Apps & Games/Manage All Applications, and didn't see the Amazon apps. So I checked Amazon Application Settings and didn't see anything like component versions there either.

I'm beginning to think they've hidden that information somewhere in the 2017 KF10.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:16 AM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Firmware 5.6.0.0 allows the fire to monitor compatible home camera with Alexa. Also has the catchall of performance improvements & enhancements.

The new firmware does "nothing" for me unless the performance is really improved & the reading component update does update successfully instead of bombing out with a -505 error.
I just got the new firmware. So far no issues I noticed on my KF6.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:20 PM   #33
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Just a note that the Amazon Kindle reader component still bombs out. Had to shutdown/start the Fire 8.9.
The 5.6.0.0 does not help in getting the kindle reader to update without wiping out the kindle library on the Fire 8.9.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Is it not possible to lock the reader's screen orientation independently of the system setting like you can with the stand-alone Kindle for Android app?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #35
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Is it not possible to lock the reader's screen orientation independently of the system setting like you can with the stand-alone Kindle for Android app?
(Or the iOS app for that matter)
No
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #36
MarleyB
MarleyB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Hi

I got myself caught up in this Kindle app Error 505 issue on my Kindle Fire HD8. I think this is what is happening:

I installed all updates on the HD8 @ version 5.6
Kindle app worked fine
Installed Google Play and associated apk files
Installed Google apps (apps set to auto update)

--at this point an update showed for Kindle, in Google Play--

Google Play then tries to apply the update to the installed Kindle app but it appears the Amazon version is different. I don't know why Google Play lists it as something to be updated but the problem seems to occur if you try to update the Fire version of Kindle with the Google Play.

To work around this issue I did a factory reset back to 5.6 stock and Kindle app worked fine. I think installed Google Play and, as before, updates to Kindle app showed but I ignored them and turned off auto-update for Google apps.

So far my Kindle app is stable (although it still seems a bit flaky compared to the iPad version but I am new to the Fire). I will update this if I find a better way to manage.
MarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I had that happen with the KF6 this is why auto updates must remain off on Google Play. My KF8 is working great with Google Play but I have auto updates off.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote