Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #631
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just a reminder that this will probably be the last day to pick up one of this month's selections if you haven't already.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #632
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Kindle First is now "Amazon First Reads" and now, If I've interpreted the thing correctly, you still get to select 1 free ebook, but also can buy the others (either eBook or Pbook) at a reduced price.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:33 AM   #633
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Kindle First is now "Amazon First Reads" and now, If I've interpreted the thing correctly, you still get to select 1 free ebook, but also can buy the others (either eBook or Pbook) at a reduced price.
I just had a look and redeemed my free ebook. When I visited the page again it said:

Quote:
You already redeemed your free Kindle book this month.
You can still purchase hardcover copies of any of this month's titles.
There is also a "Shop Kindle Edition" button which allows only pre-purchase.

So it appears we still get our choice of one free ebook plus can purchase any of the others in Hardback for $9.99. If you want to buy any of the others as an ebook you can pre-purchase or wait.

What a pleasure it is to see this type of pricing! I wonder if the Big 5 are as pleased to see new pre-release hard cover books for $9.99 as they were to see new release ebooks for that price?
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #634
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I just noticed the change too, I think it's great getting the e books or hardback at a reduced price , and of course the free one each month.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #635
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
What a pleasure it is to see this type of pricing! I wonder if the Big 5 are as pleased to see new pre-release hard cover books for $9.99 as they were to see new release ebooks for that price?
I doubt it matters much to them since it is not their books at that price. And they may not even consider anything that is in Kindle Unlimited a real book. Book snobbery has a long tradition with the Big 5.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #636
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I doubt it matters much to them since it is not their books at that price. And they may not even consider anything that is in Kindle Unlimited a real book. Book snobbery has a long tradition with the Big 5.
True Duckie. But book snobbery doesn't pay the Bills. When Amazon was discounting ebooks to $9.99 they were in fact benefiting, selling more books at the lower price point but enjoying the profits of their higher one. But they saw long term damage to the price they could achieve, and sought to prevent it. Heaven forbid that readers should get used to buying not only new but pre-release hard cover's for $9.99! And these are Amazon imprint books, not random self-published titles. Indeed, some may choose to buy three of them instead of 1 and a bit of the latest celebrity/sports star biography.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #637
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
For others like me, who missed Amazon's email (do they still send them?), here's a link I ran into today for Amazon First books.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #638
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
For others like me, who missed Amazon's email (do they still send them?), here's a link I ran into today for Amazon First books.
Yes, they still send out an email. You might have missed it because it was titled: "Kindle First is now Amazon First Reads" - received my email on 12/2.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #639
darryl
Wizard

I didn't bother with a book last month, as none appealed to me. This month I went with Pretty Girls Dancing though I also could have chosen a couple of the others.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #640
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went with, A River In Darkness: One Mans Escape from North Korea. Been reading more nonfiction about North Korea anyway, so the timing on this one was good for me.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #641
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Yes, they still send out an email. You might have missed it because it was titled: "Kindle First is now Amazon First Reads" - received my email on 12/2.
Ahhh. I saw that email, but missed the link to go choose a book. Oh well - got one now, though I rarely find time to read them, what with other books I really want to read getting in the way.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #642
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Did anyone else get The Good Samaritan when it was a November Kindle First selection? I chose it and then also preordered and received the audiobook.

Now I've noticed that it's no longer available at either Amazon or Audible--at Amazon, it's showing a May 2018 release date. I don't see any indication that it's been updated or revised. Anyone have any idea what's going on with this book?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #643
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing I think is very wrong is one of the books for December is under the subject of Woman's Fiction. That's just wrong. You don't find books under Men's Fiction. That's just sexist.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #644
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I didn't bother with a book last month, as none appealed to me. This month I went with Pretty Girls Dancing though I also could have chosen a couple of the others.
I'm getting that too. I will go some months without buying any , but oftentimes they turn out to be very good books by new-to-me authors.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #645
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Did anyone else get The Good Samaritan when it was a November Kindle First selection? I chose it and then also preordered and received the audiobook.

Now I've noticed that it's no longer available at either Amazon or Audible--at Amazon, it's showing a May 2018 release date. I don't see any indication that it's been updated or revised. Anyone have any idea what's going on with this book?
I got { The Good Samaritan } on the last day it was free last month. I have not read it yet, waiting till after the holidays. It downloaded into my library ok. I don't know if there have been any changes to the book after that. That is odd that it's showing a May release date now. I'll check if it's in Kindle Unlimited, they usually go there next when released.