ENERGY EREADER PRO HD

Hi, there is a new ereader from Energy Sistem

https://www.energysistem.com/en/prod...ereader_pro_hd

do you have any info about it?
bruceas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ticks lots of my boxes, have ordered one, will report back.
palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
From the pictures the hardware looks similar to the Boyue range with back and forward hardware buttons on each side of the screen.

Given Energy Sistems previous devices I'd think this was another badged Boyue (probably with ES's modified firmware)

It looks like a direct replacement for ES's Pro+ (which is no longer available) - Carta Screen etc seems like the same kit in a square cornered case.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
bruceas
bruceas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra
There isn't the headphone jack
bruceas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:36 AM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceas View Post
There isn't the headphone jack
Interesting - the Pro + is now back in their website (Priced in GBP, not EUROs like all the others except the "slim") and looking at the specs the two seem to be very much the same. There is no reference in the Pro + spec to it being able to play audio (a feature I like) so I just checked mine which has been updated to V3.0 and the audio (Music) is still there.

The HD describes its screen as "Multi Touch" whereas the Pro + simply says "Touch Screen" but I can pinch to change font size on the Pro + so that must be some form of multi touch.

Based on spec alone and bearing in mind the lack of audio on the Pro HD I think the Pro + is more for your money. The screen resolution of them both is identical.

BobC
Old 02-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Just received mine. The reader is beautiful and Google Play works great.
However, preinstalled reader (FB2 reader) is really, really awful and Adobe Reader has some bugs.
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #7
BretSingleton
Enthusiast
BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My uncle has it and just received it. The reader is looks great.
BretSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #8
ladysveil
ladysveil began at the beginning.

Device: PRT-T1, Story HD (in Brick)
Interesting two things

1. design. it's so gorgeous
2. Battery life: Up to 2 months with a single charge. ← Is That TRUE??

Disappoint point.
It has Poor Resolution.
ladysveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:20 AM   #9
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysveil View Post
Interesting two things

1. design. it's so gorgeous
2. Battery life: Up to 2 months with a single charge. ← Is That TRUE??

Disappoint point.
It has Poor Resolution.
I don't understand what the "HD" stands for: the display is the same of the "old" eReader PRO. Same resolution.

However the reader is really beautiful, even if I really don't understand why choose FBreader as default ebook reading app: it's an awful software with very limited support to CSS.
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #10
mia123
mia123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
USB OTG support

Hey All,

According to specifications it supports USB OTG. Now, since there is no audio output on Energy HD Pro, what if we use a USB sound card? Would this be feasible?

I'm particularly interested in using a TTS, that is my main reason for asking. And also, an e-ink audio player would be handy too.

Thanks for your thoughts on this new eReader.
mia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:36 PM   #11
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I don't really know anything about this device so I'm just guessing but if you want to try a USB sound card make sure you get one with an Android driver. Again just guessing but that might not be real easy to find.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:17 AM   #12
BobC
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia123 View Post
Hey All,

According to specifications it supports USB OTG. Now, since there is no audio output on Energy HD Pro, what if we use a USB sound card? Would this be feasible?

I'm particularly interested in using a TTS, that is my main reason for asking. And also, an e-ink audio player would be handy too.

Thanks for your thoughts on this new eReader.
If you do want audio out then why not go for a Pro+ model that has it built in. I assume if it can play mp3s (which it can) you should be able to find a reader app that does TTS.

BobC
Old 02-23-2016, 06:49 PM   #13
mia123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
If you do want audio out then why not go for a Pro+ model that has it built in. I assume if it can play mp3s (which it can) you should be able to find a reader app that does TTS.

BobC

Yes, I have thought about that. Boyue T62+ also has audio. But the design is much more polished on Pro HD, it is much lighter too, maybe even pocketable.

It does say it has OTG support on the website but customer service tells me otherwise. A keyboard plugged into it would be neat too. Can anyone confirm?

Also, anyone tried rooting the device, like with the Boyue?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #14
mia123

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I don't really know anything about this device so I'm just guessing but if you want to try a USB sound card make sure you get one with an Android driver. Again just guessing but that might not be real easy to find.

Barry
Thanks Barry. I'm hoping it's not too tricky to find a compatible one. Thinking of pairing it with Cambridge DAC Magic XS (V2). As others have complained, lack of audio support is a bit of an issue. Maybe this could be a remedy for it.

Energy confirmed the device supports OTG but have yet to respond about sound card support. In other news they have said pen drives up to 64gb are supported.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #15
Riche101
Riche101 began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Pro HD 20016
Hi just got mine a few days ago, am liking it so far.

Fb reader seems decent to me. Pretty crisp graphics all round.

2 things The case for it is awesome, but it's a bugger to remove. The back of the ereader nearly came off, I had blonde moment put it on before getting Reg number.

Wish it never came with Gmail will never use it, and now since I have Google Play and Drive active. Gmail has become active, So I rooted it and froze some apps. Would like too remap left buttons maybe for brightness. But Xposed Additions not really working for me.

Last edited by Riche101; 03-23-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Riche101 is offline   Reply With Quote