Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 AM   #76
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sure you can. Just hold the T3 slightly higher up and use your left thumb to swipe the screen. I used to do that with my T1.
I don't know about Grumbles, to whom you're replying, but I when read one-handed (with my right hand), basically my right hand is taking the place of an ereader stand - my thumb and little finger stick out under the reader (toward me), and the other three fingers are up behind the reader. This way my thumb can operate the buttons. It wouldn't be possible to hold the reader higher up.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #77
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I prefer buttons to zippers. They are easier for me to do.

Seriously, JSWolf this game you are playing is getting old quicker than the Flash can run across the United States. Mobiread I thought you were better than the rest of the internet. Please ignore these kind of empty posts.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #78
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
I prefer buttons to zippers. They are easier for me to do.

Seriously, JSWolf this game you are playing is getting old quicker than the Flash can run across the United States. Mobiread I thought you were better than the rest of the internet. Please ignore these kind of empty posts.
You should see his recent post at Nate's.
The gentleman has strong opinions, like most of us, and is persistent.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #79
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Quote:
Sure you can. Just hold the T3 slightly higher up and use your left thumb to swipe the screen. I used to do that with my T1.
You might be able to do that with your hands but you sure as hell could not do that with my hands!
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:32 AM   #80
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
For me, it's mostly fingerprint phobia. I can't stand any fingerprints on the screen of my reader, no matter how faint they are. They're still too visible for my taste. Weirdly enough, I have no such phobia about my phone.
For me it's that -- smudges on the screen -- but (more importantly) when you get dust on the screen you can just wipe it off without turning a page. But I use the Kindle Touch as much (or as little, lately) as any reader -- so apparently it doesn't bother me that much.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2016, 05:14 AM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
An eInk screen is not the same as an LCD screen. On an LCD screen, yes, fingerprints do show up very easily. On an eInk screen fingerprints do not show up very easily. And if you swipe instead of tap, even less chance of seeing fingerprints. I have not wiped (with a microfiber cloth) the screen of my H2O in more than a week and I do not see any visible fingerprints when I am reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:47 AM   #82
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I prefer buttons, because it means I can read without moving my fingers. A slight increase in pressure from my thumb on the bezel of my Voyage is all it takes to turn the page. I love the Voyage's pressure sensors - far better than physical buttons for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #83
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I read a lot with my Voyage, probably more than my other readers, but I keep the Page Press turned off.

For people who want just a slight movement Amazon (or someone) should make a remote control. Maybe a foot control. Or something on your nose where a twitch will turn the page. Maybe something you can bite down harder or slap with a tongue to turn the page.

They're missing a lot of good opportunities.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #84
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I read a lot with my Voyage, probably more than my other readers, but I keep the Page Press turned off.

For people who want just a slight movement Amazon (or someone) should make a remote control. Maybe a foot control. Or something on your nose where a twitch will turn the page. Maybe something you can bite down harder or slap with a tongue to turn the page.

They're missing a lot of good opportunities.

Barry
You have to be named Samantha for the nose twitch to work. Now if you are Tabitha, you can touch your nose.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:51 PM   #85
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Standard feature with Lucas Electric parts.
I went through 2 Dynamos on my Sprite before I put in (a bigger, used) one from a 3000

That is how to learn Auto repair. Rebuild the SU's, keep the lamps on and repair the gearbox. It was worth it as the car handled fantastic.

Ah yes... Lucas -- Prince of Darkness

Which reminds me of a joke that was very common among 1970s MG owners:

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?
Spoiler:
A: Because their refrigerators are made by Lucas!
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #86
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
I just tried this and it is a supremely awkward way to turn the page given the ways I can hold and balance the reader. Can you attach a photo (or better yet gif?)
radius is offline   Reply With Quote