Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #241
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Jeff, you should check this stuff out: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29145
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #242
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Jeff, you should check this stuff out: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29145
Thanks Igorsk!

(any word on a UF update addressing the must run the Sony PRS-505 Updater problem?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Hmm I think I've seen this before... nblsdm needs to be passed a parameter with the partiton size. Until I get around to implement that, reflashing with stock updater should allow you to flash a custom image again.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #243
VonBek
VonBek began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Getting Error

Hi all,

Im trying to use this to flash a UK reader, when I choose option #5 on the first screen, I get the following error:

Sorry, this firmware version is not supported: 505.1.2.00.18050

Do I need to wait for an update of this prog ?

Cheers
VonBek.
VonBek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #244
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBek View Post
Do I need to wait for an update of this prog ?
That error's being thrown by Igorsk's Universal Flasher which my program depends on. Unless he has a workaround, you'll need to wait for the UF to be updated.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #245
VonBek

Thanks JeffElkins.

VonBek
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #246
JeffElkins
Guru

VonBek, were UK users given a link to an Updater for reflashing? If so, could you share it?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #247
mikeywilliams25
Enthusiast
mikeywilliams25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD and Aura h2O
I also have the UK Reader and reflashed using the PRS-505 Updater 1.1.00.18040.
Have I thereby lost any specifically UK settings. I had assumed the Readers were identical.
mikeywilliams25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #248
VonBek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
VonBek, were UK users given a link to an Updater for reflashing? If so, could you share it?
Hi JeffElkins, No, and if you try to update via the connect software, you get a server error.

VonBek.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #249
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeywilliams25 View Post
I also have the UK Reader and reflashed using the PRS-505 Updater 1.1.00.18040.
Have I thereby lost any specifically UK settings. I had assumed the Readers were identical.
What's gone missing since you reflashed with 1.1.00.18040?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:33 PM   #250
mikeywilliams25
Enthusiast
mikeywilliams25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD and Aura h2O
Nothing missing that I have noticed.
My reason for reflashing is detailed in a posting on the changing fonts thread.
After changing fonts I was having problems with the usb connection.
Calibre worked, but the ebook library didn't and the reader hung after disconnecting the usb and had to be reset.
Reflashing and then using the customiser without changing fonts works fine so I assume there is some problem with the fonts.
Many thanks BTW for your efforts on our behalf.
Much appreciated.
mikeywilliams25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #251
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeywilliams25 View Post
Nothing missing that I have noticed.
My reason for reflashing is detailed in a posting on the changing fonts thread.
After changing fonts I was having problems with the usb connection.
Calibre worked, but the ebook library didn't and the reader hung after disconnecting the usb and had to be reset.
Reflashing and then using the customiser without changing fonts works fine so I assume there is some problem with the fonts.
Many thanks BTW for your efforts on our behalf.
Much appreciated.
That might be a solution for VonBek then, to reflash with the Sony Updater. Too bad there's not a European Updater. It could be examined for changes against the US/Canada firmware.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #252
JeffElkins
Guru

New release: 0.06

Localization javascript by porkupan:
Localize_Reader_En_Fr_Es_De_It_Ru_Pl_Uk_Cz_Nl_Hr_L t_Bg

Clock bug fix.

I'm thinking that this may be the last release I do to update localization. I posted in the Localization thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I've been mulling this over too.

I know how I'd do it in PRSCustomizer. I'd set up each phrase as a replaceable string: IOW "Settings" would be "$settings." If the localization requested was Bulgarian, I'd simply replace $settings with whatever word = Settings in Bulgarian. The translations would be stored in external text files, so adding localizations should be easy. This would require a main.xml with only one localization as a base.
I don't have the time right now to reduce main.xml to only one localization. However, main.xml just gets larger and larger with each localization added. I think the best path forward is to have localization as a selectable item from a dropdown box (you want Russian, you've got Russian) rather than have many, many languages included. This will also make adding languages much easier and keep main.xml at a reasonable size.

I'll have more time in about three-four weeks, if no one wants to work on a main.xml

Last edited by JeffElkins; 09-14-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #253
Marcello
Marcello began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Trojan ?

Hi guys !

Thanks to this site, I bought my Sony 2 months ago and I'm very glad I did : this gear is exactly what I needed ! I've read about a thousand pages so far, and I'm definitively convinced.

By the way, I wanted to try this promising tool but my antivirus (AVG free ed.) says prscustomizer.0.06.zip is infected with Trojan horse Agent.ACGE...

Is it normal ?

Anyway, if this was not known yet, be aware !

M.
Marcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #254
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
Hi guys !

Thanks to this site, I bought my Sony 2 months ago and I'm very glad I did : this gear is exactly what I needed ! I've read about a thousand pages so far, and I'm definitively convinced.

By the way, I wanted to try this promising tool but my antivirus (AVG free ed.) says prscustomizer.0.06.zip is infected with Trojan horse Agent.ACGE...

Is it normal ?

M.
I'm the author (and uploader) of PRSCustomizer and it's not virus-infected. I run a Linux-based system , so it's unlikely.

Code:
clamscan *
prscustomizer.0.06.zip: OK
prscustomizer.exe: OK
prscustomizer-Linux: OK
prscustomizer.rbp: OK
prscustomizer.txt: OK
prsfiles/kBookIcon-v3.png: OK
prsfiles/mtemplate2: OK
prsfiles/mainStorage1: OK
prsfiles/storageStart2: OK
prsfiles/505.ico: OK
prsfiles/kBookIcon-v1.png: OK
prsfiles/kBookAssets.png: OK
prsfiles/505.png: OK
prsfiles/atemplate1: OK
prsfiles/kBookIcon-v4.png: OK
prsfiles/mainStorage2: OK
prsfiles/mtemplate1: OK
prsfiles/storageStart1: OK
prsfiles/logo.png: OK
prsfiles/kBookIcon-v2.png: OK
prsfiles/atemplate2: OK
sdcard/mcopy: OK
sdcard/mtools.conf.505: OK
sdcard/make_opt.sh: OK
sdcard/mtools.conf.500: OK
sdcard/flash_opt.sh: OK
sdcard/libfskLoad.so: OK
sdcard/myvm2.xml: OK
sdcard/script.sh: OK
sdcard/readme.txt: OK

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 425156
Engine version: 0.92.1
Scanned directories: 3
Scanned files: 30
Infected files: 0
Data scanned: 30.24 MB
Time: 10.132 sec (0 m 10 s)
Old 09-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #255
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
Hi guys !

Is it normal ?

M.
Just update your virus definitions and the false positive will go away. That's what worked here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote