Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 05-16-2016, 01:18 AM   #1
RichL
Evangelist
RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: back to x51v
μbook reader

Just loaded μbook in my note 3. For the life of me I can't remember where to put the license. Can anybody here clue me in?

Thanks
Richard
RichL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:40 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I looked in my Dell Axim, and the *.ub1 file is saved under Program Files/uBook (I don't know how to find the right character for that "u" on the keyboard). It's also saved in my documents that syncs to the computer, but I suspect I put it there so I could copy it to the Program Files folder.

ETA: Oh, my God, I can't believe it but I still have the email with the instructions. This is from 2004, so YMMV.

Quote:
Thank you for buying a µBook license.

Just save the attached license file in your My Document folder, on your PC or Pocket PC and open it (after having run µBook 0.9a or above at least once).
Alternatively you can save it in the directory where you installed µBook.
(by default \Program Files\GowerPoint.com\µBook)

What are license files (uBook.ub1)?
A license file contains an encrypted copy of your name and email address.
It is not associated with any hardware or operating system version and
can be installed on any machine owned by the licensee. Any
license file found "floating" on the internet will be disabled in
subsequent releases of µBook. Otherwise a license will allow you to unlock
any version or future revision of µBook on any platform.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 05-16-2016 at 01:54 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2016, 05:12 AM   #3
RichL
Evangelist
RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: back to x51v
Thank you.

Richard
RichL is offline   Reply With Quote