Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #406
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmansDouble View Post
How does "Backup Annotation File" work? Or doesn't it work for kepubs?
The annotation files are only created for epubs and PDF that are on the main memory of the device.
Quote:
Also, is there any news on the possibility of a better comment extraction system? The method now works fine, but surely there's room for improvement? (like you said yourself).
I have a addition for the Annotations plugin that is almost ready. I need to get back to it and finish the testing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #407
BatmansDouble
BatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The annotation files are only created for epubs and PDF that are on the main memory of the device.
What about kepubs.epub stored in the root directory (is that the main memory)?

Quote:
I have a addition for the Annotations plugin that is almost ready. I need to get back to it and finish the testing.
Awesome! Keep us posted, we need you!
BatmansDouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #408
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmansDouble View Post
What about kepubs.epub stored in the root directory (is that the main memory)?
As I said, only epubs and PDFs that are on the main main memory. The files are created by the Adobe RMSDK based reader application that is used to read these formats. Sideloaded kepubs are read by a different reader application (ACCESS) that doesn't do this.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #409
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
David, here's an idea for a new function for the utility plugin; prevent upgrade.

All this option would do is create a file on the Kobo large enough to occupy a large amount of the free space, say leaving 50 Meg free.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #410
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Good idea. I'll have a look at it.
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #411
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Would that slow up the device any?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #412
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Not as far as I can see. Might cause some small problems when downloading content wirelessly if the drive is full.

I am sure that if it is implemented it will not be a problem using the Kobo driver to sideload and will do the job.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #413
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
As Helen said, I don't think so. But, my plan is to generate several files in a hidden directory. The hidden directory is so that the device won't try to process them. And using a set of files should make it easy to quickly make some space.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #414
Skeldave
Skeldave began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Hi David,

So my Kobo wifi recently broke and I was wondering if the backups of page position/book status etc. is cross compatible between devices as I'm thinking about going for a kobo Glo this time.

Thanks.
Skeldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #415
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, that should work. How the reading positions and status are stored on the devices hasn't changed. I haven't tried between a WiFi and another device, but I have between a Touch running FW1.9.16 and a Glo with recent firmware.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #416
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
As Helen said, I don't think so. But, my plan is to generate several files in a hidden directory. The hidden directory is so that the device won't try to process them. And using a set of files should make it easy to quickly make some space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Not as far as I can see. Might cause some small problems when downloading content wirelessly if the drive is full.

I am sure that if it is implemented it will not be a problem using the Kobo driver to sideload and will do the job.

Helen
Thanks Helen and David.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #417
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David; I haven't tried in python but I used to create large files very quickly by opening a new file, issuing a seek to a postion way WAY past where I was in file, and writing a single byte.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #418
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
David; I haven't tried in python but I used to create large files very quickly by opening a new file, issuing a seek to a postion way WAY past where I was in file, and writing a single byte.
Unfortunately, that didn't help much. It still takes five minutes to create a 1GB file. I think the problem is that FAt32 doesn't allow sparse file allocation and is creating the full file. And if it did, it probably wouldn't help as from what I can see, file systems that do will report the full file size, but only reduce the free space by what was actually allocated.

And I'm not sure if this is going to work. I am experimenting with a Touch running 2.5.2. When I reduced the free space to 100MB and tried a sync, I got a "not enough space" message. It didn't do the update, but it also didn't sync the books. I'll try some different sizes and the later firmware, but I suspect this is a dead end.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #419
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Unfortunately, that didn't help much. It still takes five minutes to create a 1GB file. I think the problem is that FAt32 doesn't allow sparse file allocation and is creating the full file. And if it did, it probably wouldn't help as from what I can see, file systems that do will report the full file size, but only reduce the free space by what was actually allocated.

And I'm not sure if this is going to work. I am experimenting with a Touch running 2.5.2. When I reduced the free space to 100MB and tried a sync, I got a "not enough space" message. It didn't do the update, but it also didn't sync the books. I'll try some different sizes and the later firmware, but I suspect this is a dead end.
Sorry about that
Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Test version with disk fill

I have had a play with filling the disk and doing a sync. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work to prevent the download and installation of an update, but still allow syncing. I have played with leaving various amounts of free space, but, none seem to do what is desired.

Just in case someone wants to try, I have attached a test version of the plugin. This has an extra option on the menu called "Fill disk". It displays a dialog with information about the free space on the device and the size of any existing filler file. There are two options. The first is to remove the filler. The second is to create it with an option to set how much space to leave free. This can range from 50MB to 300MB. Simply set the option and press the OK button. When you do this, a file is created to fill the disk. But, it can take some time. On my laptop it takes about five minutes to create a 1GB file.

My testing has been on two different Touch's. One has 2.5.2 and the other 3.1.1. I haven't tried the Glo as I didn't feel like setting it back from 3.2.0.

At present, I doubt if I will release this officially. But, if someone finds a number that works, that will change.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-filldisk.zip (157.0 KB, 316 views)

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities