Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
DNel
DNel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Sony Reader makes the news

Today (9/27), in the local paper was a full page picture/article about the Sony eReader and eBooks in general. The article was taken from the Washington Post.
Mike Musgrove's article has some interesting points.
DNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
defzeppelin
defzeppelin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Part of the pleasure of reading a book is lending it to a friend when you're done with it; with this gadget, that isn't possible. Another pleasure of reading, if you're proud of your habit, is seeing your books lined up on a shelf.
I rarely lend out books simply because I know how the majority handle them. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive and like to keep the books in nearly immaculate condition =p. Sometimes when I really want a buddy to read a book, I just buy it for them.

Anyway, there is something to be said about reading from a REAL book that is made out of paper (poor trees, we really need to start using hemp, again.) - It just feels right. Not to mention how a real book can last longer than a file. Technologies change and one day these eBook files are going to replaced by another format, consistently.
defzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2007, 04:09 AM   #3
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could still lend it to your buddy. At least if he got a Sony reader as well, just switch readers
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote