Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
netrobot
Edge User

Apps auto-running? And how to CLOSE or QUIT an app?

Ok I found the "hold-the-home-key" method of seeing my "recent" apps. And I have Advanced Task Killer, so I can STOP apps. But this is obviously not the way things are supposed to work, right?

I use the browser. I'm done with it. How do I CLOSE it?

And why is it that every time I open Advanced Task Killer, Pandora is running again? I go in, kill it, go back to the home menu. Go back to Advanced Task Killer, and there's Pandora again!

If Pandora is running, what command or keystroke do I use to "switch" to the RUNNING Pandora? (or any other running program)

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrobot View Post
Ok I found the "hold-the-home-key" method of seeing my "recent" apps. And I have Advanced Task Killer, so I can STOP apps. But this is obviously not the way things are supposed to work, right?

I use the browser. I'm done with it. How do I CLOSE it?

And why is it that every time I open Advanced Task Killer, Pandora is running again? I go in, kill it, go back to the home menu. Go back to Advanced Task Killer, and there's Pandora again!

If Pandora is running, what command or keystroke do I use to "switch" to the RUNNING Pandora? (or any other running program)

Thanks!
http://lifehacker.com/5650894/androi...uldnt-use-them

To close an app just use the back button or home button.

Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
netrobot
Edge User

I read the linked article and understand the content -- thanks!

The article didn't give any indication of how to determine if an application in memory or that "auto-runs" itself is initiating NETWORK TRAFFIC. Does anyone know of a WiFi "meter" app? (that we can load onto a PE)

Old 05-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

If you are trying to conserve battery, just turn off the WiFi when you are not using it. I turn it off before hibernation to keep mail, IM etc from waking it.