Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Question How to keep always-portrait orientation?

I can't keep always portrait orientation except in programs (e.g. iReader, CoolReader) which support it. How can I be always portrait in any application?
When I read in other apps while in bed, and change position of reader to landscape, it switches screen to ladscape mode through gravity sensor. If I disable gravity sensor, it always keeps it in "landscape-only" mode. Does anyone have a tweak or an app?

Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Can't you just go to the Display Settings and uncheck Auto-Rotate Screen while in portrait? Or is that just my device?
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_Astorga View Post
Can't you just go to the Display Settings and uncheck Auto-Rotate Screen while in portrait? Or is that just my device?
If I do that, screen always remains landscape. Because, it is set default as landscape mode. Even at least Froyo should add option like "always portrait", "always landscape".
Old 02-01-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
If I do that, screen always remains landscape. Because, it is set default as landscape mode. Even at least Froyo should add option like "always portrait", "always landscape".
Is it Froyo bug? My Archos 70 is always locked to landscape mode when fixing the orientation.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
Nexutix
Reading and reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Is it Froyo bug? My Archos 70 is always locked to landscape mode when fixing the orientation.
It was "always landscape" before I upgraded to Froyo. I think system has nothing to do with that. Smartphones may be set to "always portrait" and tablets to "always landscape". I think manufacturer modifies the code to do so. But I would be glad to find the way to do "always portrait" on my tablet. If I find answer on other forums, I will post here.
Advert

Tags
android, bed, portrait