Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
LetNightExplode
Sound Designer
LetNightExplode began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader Touch
Stylus pen with Kobo Touch?

Has anyone used a stylus pen with their Kobo? A friend of mine has the sony reader and it comes with a pen - but his pen doesn't work on the Kobo Touch....weird
LetNightExplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Device: Kobo Touch
I tried to use a pen and it doesn't work. Probably because the resolution of the IR touch screen is too low to detect a thin pen. A thick pen with a blunt tip should work though.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
tsb1
Enthusiast
tsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five words

I tried a stylus from a Nintendo DS and it didn't work either. I find a cotton bud works quite well. The sony reader may use different touch screen technology.
tsb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
thehoncho
thehoncho began at the beginning.

I have a stylus that I bought for my ipad, and I sometimes use it on my Kobo and it works great - I use it if I'm eating potato chips and don't want to touch the screen with my greasy fingers
thehoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #5
ereaderbug
ereaderbug began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kobo Touch
I use both my Kobo touch and Nook STR with a capacitive stylus. (SKU 2494671 at Best Buy) I find it comfortable to use a stylus, don't want to get smudges on the surface.
ereaderbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoncho View Post
I have a stylus that I bought for my ipad, and I sometimes use it on my Kobo and it works great - I use it if I'm eating potato chips and don't want to touch the screen with my greasy fingers
You should not do that I mean eating potato chips : think about your cholesterol rates

vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #7
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
You should not do that I mean eating potato chips : think about your cholesterol rates

Apparently if you eat potato chips with white wine it negates the effect of the cholesterol !

Anyone have a picture of a stylus that works with the Kobo Touch

I don't want to use cotton buds on the train, people think I'm weird already
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
Apparently if you eat potato chips with white wine it negates the effect of the cholesterol !

Anyone have a picture of a stylus that works with the Kobo Touch

I don't want to use cotton buds on the train, people think I'm weird already

Try to eat potato chips while drinking white (french of course ) wine and using cotton buds on your e-reader in the train particularly on morning rushing hours, and then you'll look really weird
I'm already out, full of shame, being totally
Old 02-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
thehoncho
thehoncho began at the beginning.

this is the one I have, and it works great!

*munching my chips*
thehoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #10
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
And this is the one I have. I like it.

match-shaped stylus from Chapters

Last edited by winsomnia; 02-06-2012 at 01:37 AM.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #11
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post

But those Sweet Chili and Sour Cream potato chips from Australia are SO GOOD.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
I bought a case from CaseCrown, and when they shipped it, they threw in one of their own sytlus' for free:

http://www.casecrown.com/iphone-4-4s...ch-screen-blue

Not sure if they do that for everyone, or if they were just feeling generous that day, but this particular stylus works exceptionally well, especially as others note when eating while reading.

Also available from Amazon currently onsale for less than 1/2 the original price:

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Bubb.../dp/B0053SD2OU

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Last edited by therealjoeblow; 02-06-2012 at 10:10 AM.
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

I just experimented a little and found that a simple brush (unused, preferably) or an eraser-pen (like this: http://www.jako-o.de/mb3_media/1/560/d/0/2/671197_1.jpg or like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nqngWsqaJP...0/CIMG0098.JPG - or the eraser-side of a pencil) work as well
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #14
vice-versa
whippet addict

I tried the eraser of a pen, but it smeared my screen perhaps too old a one
Old 02-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
sgeiger
sgeiger began at the beginning.

I'd like to point out to EVERYBODY that the Kobo Touch uses an infra-red-based touch screen -- meaning it works completely differently from the capacitive screens on devices like the iPhone or iPad. The touch function works on PRESSURE and pressure alone. That being said, as long as you apply enough pressure, ANYTHING can be used as a stylus. You do not need to go and buy some special stylus. Try it.
sgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote