Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
mighel
mighel began at the beginning.

Device: nook Tablet
Not recognizing Nook Tablet

This is the error message I get on startup or plugincalibre, version 0.8.32
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 312, in _get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 106, in get_device_information
IOError: Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 28] No space left on device
mighel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighel View Post
Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 28] No space left on device
Did you get this working yet? The advice given in the error message should prove effective.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
mighel
mighel began at the beginning.

Device: nook Tablet
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Did you get this working yet? The advice given in the error message should prove effective.
tried 3 computers and get the same message along with multiple usb ports. I assume a reset would fix the problem but I have things on there I've paid for I'd rather not lose.

sides whats the reset button for the nook tablet?

thanks for followup though
mike
mighel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighel View Post
tried 3 computers and get the same message along with multiple usb ports. I assume a reset would fix the problem but I have things on there I've paid for I'd rather not lose.

sides whats the reset button for the nook tablet?

thanks for followup though
mike
3 Computers (All with Calibre 8.33 or higher?) failing, tells me there troubles with your device. You might ask in the Nook forum.

Device problems are not as uncommon as we expect My Blue PEz will not play nice with Intel USB2.0 (works if I disable 2.0 enhanced mode on the PC. 3 of my PC's have Intel 82801 chipsets ) I installed a USB 1.0 (non Intel) just to send files to my PEz (slow ) so I could use 2.0 on other devices.
My newer, Black PEz works fine on the 2.0 ports (lots faster)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote