Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
mdb5972
mdb5972 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
Library name as calibre template variable

Having multiple libraries for various tasks. Is there a 'template variable' that I can use to ouput the library name for 'Save to Disk'?

Thanx
mdb5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb5972 View Post
Having multiple libraries for various tasks. Is there a 'template variable' that I can use to ouput the library name for 'Save to Disk'?

Thanx
You DO NOT use "Save to Disk" to write to the Library, so why do you need the Library name?

Are you trying to indicate which Library the book came FROM? You could create a tag or custom field with the Library name bulk inserted.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
mdb5972

Currently I have multiple Calibre libraries based on task/purpose and a few distinct custom columns.
ie of libraries. LIBRARY, VENDOR, TECH, WORK.. etc.

I use save to disk for backup purposes, update metadata in file, and a few other BFI methods. Looking to have a single area, ie folder 'SaveToDisk' that I can have them all export to.

Looking to template SaveToDisk with the Library name as a variable.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb5972 View Post
Currently I have multiple Calibre libraries based on task/purpose and a few distinct custom columns.
ie of libraries. LIBRARY, VENDOR, TECH, WORK.. etc.

I use save to disk for backup purposes, update metadata in file, and a few other BFI methods. Looking to have a single area, ie folder 'SaveToDisk' that I can have them all export to.

Looking to template SaveToDisk with the Library name as a variable.
got it.. The developers might have an answer.

You CAN use a literal in the template
My_lib/{authors}-{title}
is valid
you might also consider the command-line interface (see help page)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
mdb5972

Have not used the the literal, same/similar to creating a directory. Was curious if there was already a way to access as a variable.

Appreciated
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
One problem: libraries don't have names. They have file paths, and that isn't what you want.

Shorter answer: no, there isn't any way to get the library path as a template variable.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
mdb5972

Thank you.