Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
I broke my CYBOOK **AGAIN**

AAAARGH....

this has got to be the most stupid thing ever. I just had my cybook reparied around a month back from bookeen, paid freakin 121 pounds for the same and bham today my girl friend sat on it !!!

Seriously please any suggestion , should I spend on this AGAIN ? Or wait ? aaargh
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
poetbil
poetbil began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-700
no change it for a kindle ,this is cursed
poetbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Tell your girlfriend to sit on your lap in the future - sitting on it will break every available eink-device on the market...

Isn't she goint to pay for the repair? It's still a lot cheaper than buying a new device.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:14 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I think any e-reader would break if you sit on it.

Getting the cybook repaired will cost less, so that's the way to go if you need a reader.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
and bham today my girl friend sat on it !!!

Seriously please any suggestion , should I spend on this AGAIN ? Or wait ? aaargh
Check if your girlfriend has an insurance that pays for it. Some household insurances will pay if you ruin stuff while visiting other people in their homes.

If not, depends on how much damaged the thing is - I asume if she sat on it the board and case will be harmed/ruined too?!

If you need to buy a new one, why not another Cybook? It'll take too long for the nextGen readers to arrive (color, touchscreen etc.) and if you don't live in the US and want the Kindle 2 (+ it's services) theres not much competition...
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #6
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
I'd say wait for "girlfriend-proof" E-Ink-reding devices. Or sue your girlfriend for "intolerable cruelties".

Or buy one of those they invented years ago - it's called "books". I hear they don't break as easily.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Personally I would:
1) Get it repaired again.
2) Buy a pin cushion case for it
3) Buy a t-shirt with a picture of a Cybook and hope for the best

Seriously though I'm sorry for your bad luck. I'm looking forward to the products with the flexible screens that aren't as fragile as the current generation of e-ink screens.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Seriously, that's a pretty good reason for break up, divorce even.
My recommendation: to bend your GF over your knee and give her a good spanking so she won't do it again. Though considering that one thing leads to another, after that she might start doing it on a regular basis.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Repair it and buy a plastic logic when they come out. They are supposed to be tougher than the current ebooks.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Repair it and buy a plastic logic when they come out. They are supposed to be tougher than the current ebooks.

Didn't I see in one of the recent news threads that Plastic Logic was giving up the ghost, due to financial difficulties?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Didn't I see in one of the recent news threads that Plastic Logic was giving up the ghost, due to financial difficulties?
I think you are refering to Polymer Vision (Readius) not Plastic Logic.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45296
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #12
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Ive been there, she nearly cried when I wouldn't let her pay for it.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Dump her....I mean it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
hehehe , thanx for all the wonder comments and sympathy guys . i was rolling after reading some of the comments

She does want to pay for it , and I have to exercise so much of control to not agree for it , it's killing hehe , as of right now I am going to hold back, for a few weeks, I am seeing the development of kindle 2 , and maybe even gen 4 , as there are lots and lots of speculation building up .

Never thought kindle 2 wud be out so soon though ,and now the new 9inch kindle , woah !!

Would try spanking though
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Get a new reader and a new GF. That would solve your problems.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote