Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Txtr does not launch

Hi, I think I must be the only person on the interwebs with this problem (since I find no mention of it at all in google).

I flat out cannot get txtr to launch on my iPad. I get the spinning "accessing the net" icon, but eventually (after about 30 secs or so), txtr gives up and returns me to the App page.

I have tried un-installing it and then re-installing it 3 times with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm kind of at my wit's end, since the Google oracle is no help... Thanks!
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
hmm, I dot have a problem with it. is your iPad jailbroken?
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I had this problem the first time I upgraded to v3.0, though an uninstall & reinstall fixed it.

Have you rebooted the iPad yet? (if it's like the iPhone/iPod touch, hold the hold switch until it asks you to swipe to power off)
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This happened after I installed it the first time. I can't remember for sure, but I think there was an update to the app and it's worked fine ever since.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Mine lauched fine, but even after I activated my adobe account, I could not open any books, including DRM free epubs.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
On the iPad, txtr launches fine. it was not an upgrade. I did have the original txtr on the iPad but it had long since been removed.

Try deleting txtr, reboot, and install from fresh and see what happens. Also, do you have the latest iPad firmware? That's what txtr is running on here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
Rique
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf;
On the iPad, txtr launches fine. it was not an upgrade. I did have the original txtr on the iPad but it had long since been removed.

Try deleting txtr, reboot, and install from fresh and see what happens. Also, do you have the latest iPad firmware? That's what txtr is running on here.
Hi Jon and everybody - thanks for all of the replies!

To respond to some of what you all said: My iPad is not jail broken. I have never tried that and won't until v4 is installed.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times. I don't think I powered down in between attempts, though - I will try that.

Jon, by "latest firmware update", do you mean v3.2.1 of the iOS for iPad? If that's what you meant, yes I'm up to date with iOS.

Thanks for the help - I'm trying the "power down" approach next.

-- Rique
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
Rique
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique;
Hi Jon and everybody - thanks for all of the replies!

To respond to some of what you all said: My iPad is not jail broken. I have never tried that and won't until v4 is installed.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times. I don't think I powered down in between attempts, though - I will try that.

Jon, by "latest firmware update", do you mean v3.2.1 of the iOS for iPad? If that's what you meant, yes I'm up to date with iOS.

Thanks for the help - I'm trying the "power down" approach next.

-- Rique
No luck. Spinning progress widget for a while, then poof. Back to the Apps screen. I am completely at a loss.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Rique
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique;
No luck. Spinning progress widget for a while, then poof. Back to the Apps screen. I am completely at a loss.
OK - Here's the latest. I tried txtr again at the office, where I enjoy the benefits of a very fast connection. And lo and behold, txtr works fine. Launched OK, I could browse their library - adjust my settings, and so forth. Of course, I could not seem to find a way to tell the App that I am not German (meaning that the menus and dialog boxes were in German) - and I could not complete my registration (txtr would not allow me to set my country).

I did not get around to registering my Adobe account yet (hey, I was at the office, after all - not much time for self-indulgence, sadly) - so I can't say if that works yet or not.

This evening, I am back at home - and using my crummy satellite connection, once again txtr won't launch (clearly, txtr wants a nice - low latency - connection or it just gives up).

So at least I'm on the path to functionality. I hope txtr turns out to be worth all of this effort!

-- Rique