Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Sony Rewards adds eBook store giftcards to Rewards catalog!

I don't know if anyone participates in the Sony Rewards Program, but I think it's worth a look into, as there are several ways to earn reward points in addition to purchasing/registering Sony products.

They have a Wheel (of Fortune) Watchers Club where you earn 10 points for entering the bonus round puzzle answer each night (M-F).

There's the Sony Pictures Television Club where you earn 10 points for answering the Daily Question, which can pertain to any of their shows.

In each of these clubs, if you answer more than 8 (Free Play level) or 12 (Jackpot level) correctly that particular month, you are eligible for either 10% or 15% respectively off products in the Sony Rewards catalog. You also earn points for taking part in polls, keeping a wishlist and updating it every month. Also participating in the Wheel Watchers Club Rewards Flashback question they post twice a week (M/W). There are other clubs as well, but these are the ones I participate in. There are also monthly contests.

** Word of warning** I got burned April 1st when I lost over 6000 points I was saving up towards the Daily Edition, because points expire on March 31st. I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke, but no such luck and I was crushed! If I had realized that they expired I could've purchased a SonyStyle giftcard with the points I had. My fault for not reading the fine print & lesson learned the hard way. Nevertheless, I'm still hooked and am up to over 2500 points now.

ANYWAY... all that to say that they have just added coupons/giftcards for the Sony eBook Store in $25 & $50 amounts, which is equivalent to 2500 & 5000 rewards points.

So, I'm totally excited that I can redeem my points for eBooks!!!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
I'm a wheel watcher player as well (I also got burned in April when I lost a ton of points as well), but I have earned many of them back. I'm back up to over 4600 points!

Don't forget to do the Jeopardy puzzle every day also, for choosing the correct final category from the previous day you can get 25 points a day and by playing the weekly Jeopardy Game, you can earn 200 points per week! So, between the Wheel of Fortune Bonus Puzzle, Final Jeopardy, and the weekly Jeopardy game, you can earn 235 points per week!
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Don't you have to spend points to play the Wheel games?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Don't you have to spend points to play the Wheel games?
Not on this version. You don't even have to solve it yourself, just fill in the answer to that day's bonus puzzle. If you miss the show, you can usually find the answer online, but it still needs to be answered before the next day's puzzle is posted. I'm sure that there are lots of other Wheel of Fortune game sites, but this doesn't cost anything. You can use some of your points to enter a into daily or monthly prize contests, but if you don't win the prize, the points are returned to you.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul58 View Post
I'm a wheel watcher player as well (I also got burned in April when I lost a ton of points as well), but I have earned many of them back. I'm back up to over 4600 points!

Don't forget to do the Jeopardy puzzle every day also, for choosing the correct final category from the previous day you can get 25 points a day and by playing the weekly Jeopardy Game, you can earn 200 points per week! So, between the Wheel of Fortune Bonus Puzzle, Final Jeopardy, and the weekly Jeopardy game, you can earn 235 points per week!
Thanks for the Jeopardy recommendation! I was never very good at that particular game show, but with the multiple choice answers to choose from, I didn't do too bad. Definitely will help add to my points level quicker!
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
rebarnmom
Wizard

Thanks again Paul58!
My points are racking up rather quickly now! I'm really close to getting the $50 coupon for the ebook store! Did you notice the new poll just posted regarding whether you own a Sony Reader or plan to? I keep hoping to see that measly 4% for the "I have one and love it!" group to go up. But the "probably" and "maybe" groups have a fair percentage. Of course the "No, I prefers books." group still carries the highest percentage. Makes me wish I could add comments to their site.

I hope everyone here with a Sony will check out the Sony Rewards site and take advantage of the opportunity to amass points towards free ebooks or toward purchasing a Reader. Right now though the Rewards prices on Readers are higher than they are in the stores. Hopefully they will adjust their pricing to reflect the trend in lowering the price on devices right now.

Anyway... thanks again Paul58!!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
You are so welcome! I'm about a week away from a $50 gas card (They want 6250 points) which I think is a bit high, but considering it actually free, it's hard to complain! Remember to wait till toward the end of the month because on some prizes you get a discount if you have accomplished all the puzzles!

I'm headed there now to complete today's puzzles and will place my vote for the Sony Reader on the poll! Thanks for the heads up!
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Thanks for the heads-up--I just joined. Anything to earn a chance to get free ebooks...
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I feel like such an idiot, but I still can't figure out how to play the d@mn games!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:19 AM   #10
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I feel like such an idiot, but I still can't figure out how to play the d@mn games!
It's not so much "playing" as it is watching the show & entering the Wheel of Fortune's Bonus Round puzzle answer each day (M-F) or Jeopardy's Final Category for that day (M-F). SPT (Sony Pictures Television) has a trivia multiple choice question based on one of their television programs each day (M-F). On Mon. & Wed.there are rewards points awarded for Wheel of Fortune Flashback Moments. You just watch a clip and answer the multiple choice question. Easy! The Weekly Jeopardy game is worth lots of points (200) and it is like placing the game by yourself, but the answers are multiple choice. You earn the points just for playing. It doesn't matter how much you score to earn points.

Spoiler:
If you can't watch each episode, you can usually find the answers online.

The answers just need to be entered each day before they change the puzzle to the next day's puzzle. I hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #11
FizzyWater

Ah, okay...and no, I'm never home from work that early in the day! I'll consider your spoiler, although I have the feeling it'll be "too much work" at the end of a very long day!

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 AM   #12
rebarnmom
Wizard

Welcome to Sony Rewards University 101 !

Let's start out by going to the Sony Rewards site and logging-in. Please, register first, if you haven't already.
http://www.sonyrewards.com

In the gray menu bar there are 8 different choices. The ones that earn you points are "Wheel Watchers", "Jeopardy! Premier Club" and "Sony Pictures Television".

If you're on the Wheel Watchers page, under the Activities Checklist tab you'll want to click on the "Bonus Puzzle". On the show the player gets the R, S, T, L, N & E letters shown plus they get to choose their own letters. All we are shown are the first and last letter of the puzzle. I like to try and solve (guess) the puzzle answer before I've even watched the show, which is very difficult, but I like the challenge. The correct answer is worth 10 points each day (M-F).

If you're on the Jeopardy! page, under the Activities Checklist tab you'll want to play the "Weekly Tournament" once each week for the 200 points. Then you'll want to click on "The Final Category is..." and choose the category from that day's game (or is it the previous day's game?) from 3 multiple choice possibilities. The correct answer is worth 25 points each day.

If you're on the Sony Pictures Television page, under the Activities Checklist tab you'll want to click on the "Daily Question" and answer the multiple choice trivia question. A new question replaces the prior one usually around midnight (M-F). The correct answer is worth 10 points each day.

Now, let's look at the other ways to earn points and other goodies.
You can earn points by having a Sony (Visa) Card and using it. You can earn points by registering any Sony products you own. You can also earn points by creating a "Wishlist" from the Sony Rewards catalog and again beginning each month thereafter by updating it (some things become unavailable and you just replace them with something else). I believe that entering and updating your Wishlist each month is worth 25 points. Each month they have a poll. Vote in the poll and you'll earn 10 points. The poll must change in the middle of the month, because it just changed the other day. You can also earn points by registering any Blu-Ray movies you own. I haven't done this because I don't have a Blu-Ray player. You can earn points by having a PlayStation (Visa) Card and using it. You can probably earn points for registering PlayStation games you own, but I don't have any, so I don't know for sure, just guessing. When you join each club, like the Blu-Ray Club they'll send you announcements of upcoming releases and coupons to use towards purchasing Blu-Ray disks.

Then they give you a couple chances to wager some of you points in the "Daily Giveaway" (M-F) and the "Monthly Dream Prize". You can wager up to 500 of your points each day if you're interested in the product they are giving away. If you don't win,you get your points back. I usually only wager my points when the prize is a Reader. Then every month they give away a huge prize package possibly a trip (no trip this month) with a mother-load of Sony products to go with it. Again participating is optional, but you can wager up to 1000 points in this giveaway and get them back if you don't win. After you make a wager, you get to "spin" the wheel with numbers 1-10 (by holding down the spacebar and letting go) and whatever number you land on is multiplied by your wager and that's how many entries to that contest you earn. They allow you to enter the "Monthly Dream Prize" contest one week each month, which happens to be right now. I wagered 1000 points, landed on the 4, so I have 4000 entries in this month's giveaway, which is a HUGE prize package- 11 of Sony's "hottest" products with a $2000 SonyStyle gift card to round off this prize package! Monday if I don't win, I'll get my 1000 points back. So there's nothing to lose.

I almost forgot about the Rewards Flashback Moment! If you go to this web page on Mondays and Wednesday, watch the clip and answer the multiple choice question correctly, this is worth 10 points each time. http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/...=ugottaseethis

Then there are the Spin ID Numbers. When you register you'll get a Spin ID number. Each Wheel of Fortune game they draw a Spin ID number and if it is your number you can win a trip to wherever the Prize Puzzle winner gets to go. But you have to respond withing 24 hours to claim your prize. They sometimes have additional promotions where they draw additional Spin ID numbers and award cash prizes in addition to numbers drawn for the Prize Puzzle trip. There are so many ways to win, if you're lucky , but earning points is a sure way to earn rewards like coupons to the Sony eBookstore! I should have enough next week to earn a $50 coupon to the eBookstore, that is unless I win the Monthly Dream Prize package. Ahem... no laughing in class... well you never know... it COULD happen. Anyways, I'll still have free ebooks to look forward to!

Class dismissed. Who's ready for donuts?

Well, it's just after 2 a.m. CST and they just posted the new Jeopardy! daily question for the "Final Category" of yesterday's game... (entering the answer) . Cha-Ching! 25 points closer to my $50 eBookstore coupon!

Now, go out there and earn some points!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 AM   #13
rebarnmom
Wizard

Did I miss anything Paul?

Feel free to add anything I might've missed or simplify anything I made too complicated or correct me if I'm wrong about anything.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #14
FizzyWater

Wow...I'd give you more karma, but I'm going to have to give it to a couple of other people, first.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
pandie
pandie began at the beginning.

Device: None
I'm just curious.. is this only limited to the States?
pandie is offline   Reply With Quote