Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Corrupt database message error: Disk is Full?

I often get errors when I open the database. This has happened over the years, it is sometimes eliminated with a release and then will resume when I upgrade. Currently, I am using Calibre 7.48

When I open the database it says "I am corrupt" and asks if I want to repair.

The error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 208, in initialize_db
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 168, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 276, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\custom_columns.py", line 59, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 251, in run
DatabaseException: database or disk is full
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 215, in run
OperationalError: database or disk is full

Does it think the Disk is Full? I have 359 GB free on a 931 GB disk (network). There are 1261 books in the library. Operating system is Windows 7. The good news is, the library "repairs" but I still would like to track down the issue. In previous versions it would tell me the library could not be repaired and would create a new one. I would then just change back to the original and it would work fine (until I encountered an error).

As always, thank your for an insight.
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I often get errors when I open the database. This has happened over the years, it is sometimes eliminated with a release and then will resume when I upgrade. Currently, I am using Calibre 7.48

When I open the database it says "I am corrupt" and asks if I want to repair.

The error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 208, in initialize_db
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 168, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 276, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\custom_columns.py", line 59, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 251, in run
DatabaseException: database or disk is full
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 215, in run
OperationalError: database or disk is full

Does it think the Disk is Full? I have 359 GB free on a 931 GB disk (network). There are 1261 books in the library. Operating system is Windows 7. The good news is, the library "repairs" but I still would like to track down the issue. In previous versions it would tell me the library could not be repaired and would create a new one. I would then just change back to the original and it would work fine (until I encountered an error).

As always, thank your for an insight.
Your filesystem may be damaged (from a bad power down?).

Run the Disk-check program: tick 'fix' (you probably will have to 'schedule it' for the next reboot).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Does it think the Disk is Full? I have 359 GB free on a 931 GB disk (network). There are 1261 books in the library. Operating system is Windows 7.
As theducks states your file system may be damaged. Keep in mind though it may have nothing to do with the network drive you have the library on it may be a problem with local C drive since by default this is where temp files are written.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Thank you! I had no errors on any of the drives but I also haven't had any trouble opening the libraries.
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corrupt, error, operational error, restore database