Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
porphyry5
Connoisseur
porphyry5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara, Onyx Boox Monte Cristo
[SOLVED] How get Warranty service for Kobo Clara HD

Bought Kobo Clara HD on 4/21/21. Item is now completely unresponsive to power button or charging.

Their US Warranty document lists http://kobo.frontlinesvc.com/app/lanpag to request warranty service from. Attempting to connect to this site always returns

Quote:
Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at kobo.frontlinesvc.com.
As other kobo sites are freely available I'm wondering if there is a misprint in the address?

Last edited by porphyry5; 06-24-2021 at 03:55 PM. Reason: show that solution given
porphyry5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
On my Libra I'm referred to http://help.kobo.com/hc/requests/new with an additional link to http://www.kobo.com/userguides

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not much help to you but the local telco (Telus) uses frontlinesvc.com for several of their help pages ( https://tc3.frontlinesvc.com/ and https://telus.frontlinesvc.com/) so it appears to be a third party support supplier.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #4
porphyry5
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
On my Libra I'm referred to http://help.kobo.com/hc/requests/new with an additional link to http://www.kobo.com/userguides

Thanks for quick response, but I started with those sites eventually downloading the United States warranty pdf from https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035469213
which gave me the unavailable address I quoted in 1st post
Old 06-22-2021, 07:43 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I must be missing something. As I follow links I don't get that

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I followed the link and opened the US English document, the bad URL was there.

Just to see if this is something going on with Akamai's caching, I've attached the warranty document to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Warranty-US-English.pdf (179.3 KB, 67 views)
Old 06-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
After digging through link after link of Kobo's useless "help" pages, the best I could come up with is the same thing PeterT, above, found:

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

That page just gives links to their Chat, phone numbers and social media links. So, assuming it even works, I'd suggest starting with Chat.

EDIT: I had to turn off all kinds of privacy stuff in my browser to get their Chat window to come up.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Could you try Kobo's Support Documents page and click on the United States button? That document has a different link ( https://help.kobo.com/hc/requests/new ), click on the arrow below What is your issue about and then select eReader service request to get to their Chat with us/Call us/Social Media links.

Good luck!

Last edited by DNSB; 06-23-2021 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:16 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
After digging through link after link of Kobo's useless "help" pages, the best I could come up with is the same thing PeterT, above, found:

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

That page just gives links to their Chat, phone numbers and social media links. So, assuming it even works, I'd suggest starting with Chat.

EDIT: I had to turn off all kinds of privacy stuff in my browser to get their Chat window to come up.
Because of my settings with Firefox, some site don't work. So if turning off Ghostery and Adblocker Ultimate don't work, I use Windows Edge which I keep generic for jus this reason.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:16 PM   #10
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm using Brave and to get the Kobo pages to work fully, I have to *disable* BOTH uBlock Origin and Brave Shields. But, the first time I managed to get those things to work on Kobo's site, it, too, was with vanilla Edge.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:48 PM   #11
porphyry5
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Could you try Kobo's Support Documents page and click on the United States button? That document has a different link ( https://help.kobo.com/hc/requests/new ), click on the arrow below What is your issue about and then select eReader service request to get to their Chat with us/Call us/Social Media links.

Good luck!
Thank you, this was the charm.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:57 PM   #12
porphyry5
Connoisseur

Many thanks to all for your help; Dave Lessnau, J S Wolf, DNSB, and PeterT
Old 06-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist

And thanks for your feedback. It's good to know that we were able to help you.