Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
edyedy
edyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
An idea of linking kpw and android phone together by otg or wifi

About a year ago I had an idea of using kpw as a second screen of my android phone,and wanted to get some work done by myself.Unfortunately I found it is too hard for me to have this work done in the near future,so today I just put my idea here.
1. second screen of android
(for example, we can have kpw show the screen of adobereader in android ,while using the lcd screen to browse the net)
2. 6 inches eink keyboard
(use kpw as a fullscreen keyboard)
edyedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
* Install an Android build of a VNC server on your phone.
* Install a Kindle build of a VNC client on your Kindle.

A web search will turn up a selection of VNC servers for Android, such as:
http://code.google.com/p/fastdroid-vnc/
and others built on libvncserver
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Yes, via Wifi this ought to work.
However, I've yet to see the concept of a second screen implemented in Android. A hopeful developer might get wrong ideas by reading the headline "developing for multiple screens" in the Android developer documentation. However, that is merely about multiple screen layouts - on different devices.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
However, I've yet to see the concept of a second screen implemented in Android.
- - - -
Good point.

I just browsed the framework tree in my mirror of Android -
If there is anything in there that lets you specify **which** display (or screen) to render to, I didn't find it. (Which doesn't mean it isn't there, just that I didn't find it.)

So this idea would be limited to a single, large (grayscale) view of what is on the phone's display.

Last edited by knc1; 01-03-2015 at 08:33 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
edyedy
edyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheeseedyedy can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Good point.
I just browsed the framework tree in my mirror of Android -
If there is anything in there that lets you specify **which** display (or screen) to render to, I didn't find it. (Which doesn't mean it isn't there, just that I didn't find it.)
So this idea would be limited to a single, large (grayscale) view of what is on the phone's display.
knc1,hawhil
thanks for your reviews!

And,you remind me of one thing--samsung galaxy note 4's multi-window.
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/getting-s...galaxy-note-4/

I don't know,maybe this will work with some slight changes on it.
I will set to have a look later!
edyedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert