Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #16
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Curiosity View Post
Oh and might loading with Calibre/DeDRM have anything to do with it from the computer/send to pocketbook?
I haven't had any issues with those things, either.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #17
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast
A-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I haven't had any issues with those things, either.
Thanks a lot, I will definitely return it then...
A-Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:02 PM   #18
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
There's no excuse for crashing, but if the PDFs are complex (scientific) you can consider optimizing them with k2pdfopt or some other tool.

BTW, my Lux 5 (quite similar) from Februari has an odd key. Clicks softly, and when intentionally pressed off center kinda sticks. As it's the back key it's not a real bother.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:27 PM   #19
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast
A-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wold View Post
There's no excuse for crashing, but if the PDFs are complex (scientific) you can consider optimizing them with k2pdfopt or some other tool.

BTW, my Lux 5 (quite similar) from Februari has an odd key. Clicks softly, and when intentionally pressed off center kinda sticks. As it's the back key it's not a real bother.
Oh thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely look into that!

I can imagine it would still be an annoyance, I do hope I'll just receive a new one without those issues friday...
Old 04-18-2021, 03:40 PM   #20
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast

Handed it over to the shop yesterday, they will attempt to repair it, and if that cannot be done, replace it. So I'm really hoping the replacement/repair will be good...
Old 04-19-2021, 10:52 AM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Curiosity View Post
Handed it over to the shop yesterday, they will attempt to repair it, and if that cannot be done, replace it. So I'm really hoping the replacement/repair will be good...
Good luck. I hope it all works out.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:54 AM   #22
Beowulf_911
Beowulf_911 began at the beginning.

Device: Touch HD3
The PDF reader included in firmware 6.xx is total bullshit !
There is no issue with the hardware.
The solution is to downgrade to firmware U632_5.19.832, to do this use the 'Manual Update' procedure described on p. 93 of the User Manual.
You may still encounter problems with some pdf files (scanned documents), in this case you may try to 'OCR' it with OCRmyPDF.
It is a good idea to install the latest release of KOReader for the missing formats.
Hope it helps
Beowulf_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:26 AM   #23
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Just want to point out, I've had mine for about a week or so now and I've had zero problems with it. I really like it a lot. I love the buttons! I actually have mine set to landscape for reading with the buttons to the right, so I just use my thumb to go forward a page, very effortless reading, just squeeze my thumb as I'm reading when I want to go to the next page and I'm pressing the button. The smartlight is very nice for getting the light just right. I like the pocketbook cloud which allows me to email books so I can sync between my pocketbook and phone if I want to read on my phone or another device. The pocketbook has handled epubs very well.

Very happy with the purchase.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:51 AM   #24
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Very happy with the purchase.
Same here. I haven't read much on it in the last month and a half (haven't read much of anything in that time) but I've still only charged mine once (it was delivered almost three months ago, on January 25th). It's at 76% charge now. I've only used it for ePubs, so can't really comment on PDF issues. This is my favorite reader (and I've had (have) way too many of them).

I do feel sorry for A-Curiosity though. I hope the trip to the shop worked out well — or is working out well.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #25
ChrisvB
ChrisvB began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch Hd3
I am quite dissatisfied with my touch hd3, just opened another topic on it actually. My issues are different from yours. Also from NL, by the way.
ChrisvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:50 AM   #26
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Same here. I haven't read much on it in the last month and a half (haven't read much of anything in that time) but I've still only charged mine once (it was delivered almost three months ago, on January 25th). It's at 76% charge now. I've only used it for ePubs, so can't really comment on PDF issues. This is my favorite reader (and I've had (have) way too many of them).

I do feel sorry for A-Curiosity though. I hope the trip to the shop worked out well — or is working out well.
Thanks! The shop has sent it in for repairs, five days ago, and they guarantee fixing things in 10 more days, and if they can’t repair it, they’ll give me a new one. I’m really curious as to what it will be, and if it will be fixed, since the final ‘error’ description of the store seemed to be written by someone who had never handled an ereader before.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:51 AM   #27
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf_911 View Post
The PDF reader included in firmware 6.xx is total bullshit !
There is no issue with the hardware.
The solution is to downgrade to firmware U632_5.19.832, to do this use the 'Manual Update' procedure described on p. 93 of the User Manual.
You may still encounter problems with some pdf files (scanned documents), in this case you may try to 'OCR' it with OCRmyPDF.
It is a good idea to install the latest release of KOReader for the missing formats.
Hope it helps
Thanks, I’ll try this when the new/repaired one still has these issues, I hope at least the buttons will be fixed.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #28
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast

UPDATE:

The shop sent it to Pocketbook, and they failed to repair it. I received a refund and bought another Touch HD 3 from another batch, and the buttons are fine. The shop I bought it from seems to have had many of that wronged batch, because after some research I found people who had similar issues from that same vendor.

This batch however seems to have a certain chance that the back-plate will just come off -- So I do hope I won't see that happening.

This one is already on firmware version 6, so I'm interested to see what will happen with the OS, if it still has issues I shall downgrade, but that I will only notice after some reading

Anyhow, I'm happy the buttons are working as should!
Old 05-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #29
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Backplate is a click on/click off thingy. No problem to have it clicked back ... and this is a feature, since it protects the screen from getting broken if the battery blows up.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #30
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Backplate is a click on/click off thingy. No problem to have it clicked back ... and this is a feature, since it protects the screen from getting broken if the battery blows up.
Oh thanks a lot, that's good to know! Some of those people received an ereader of which the back plate had already come loose in the box, which wasn't the case here, but I was worried, since that mechanism can be spotted on my reader, in some parts it's closed and in others a very very tiny crease can be seen, but now I know this I needn't worry