Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 12:45 AM   #1
Poopsey
Poopsey began at the beginning.

Device: IPAD
Calibre Editing problem

I am formatting a fixed layout read-along epub (children's book).
I have all the parts: Pages, Images, styles, audio, Smil. I am ready to put it together. When I tried to set it up in Calibre, it had categories already defined.
For instance, it had text, images, styles, but not files for audio, Smil. Do I put this in Misc? I have worked a very long time on this book. It looks great in Calibre, but I need the audio and Smil files. How can I get folders for these important files. I need to finish this asap.

Please help,

Janis
Poopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:31 AM   #2
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopsey View Post
I am formatting a fixed layout read-along epub (children's book).
I have all the parts: Pages, Images, styles, audio, Smil. I am ready to put it together. When I tried to set it up in Calibre, it had categories already defined.
For instance, it had text, images, styles, but not files for audio, Smil. Do I put this in Misc? I have worked a very long time on this book. It looks great in Calibre, but I need the audio and Smil files. How can I get folders for these important files. I need to finish this asap.

Please help,

Janis
You can use calibre defined folders (Editor > Tools > Arrange into folders), or you can create others to accommodate these other files.

To create other folders, you can do it while importing new files or renaming existing files. To import a new file to an specific folder, follow this steps:

1) File > New File.
2) Click 'Import Resource File' and select the desired file.
2) Edit the path to where it will be saved. Suppose you have a 'file.smil' and you want it to be in an 'overlay' folder. Edit it to: 'OEBPS/overlay/file.smil' or something like that, according to your book structure.

Renaming an existing file will work the same way.

When you do this, a new folder is created. All the files* on these 'non-typical' folders are going to be shown grouped in 'Miscellaneous' in calibre editor, although they are really located on the created folder.

*If the file is of a known type, then it will be grouped with others. Suppose you want, for some reason, add an image to a folder called 'Extra'. This image will be located on the 'OEBPS/Extra' folder, but still be showing grouped in IMAGES on calibre editor.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 01-15-2020 at 06:36 AM.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2020, 10:01 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember though that calibre does NOT support fixed layout epubs
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
If you want an editor that does support fixed layout epubs, try Jutoh. http://www.jutoh.com/
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editing epub in calibre.