Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
crankypants
Hmm.
crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android 4.2 Google Play Reader
Sony PRS-350 won't show as drive in Windows 8

I have Windows 8 and a Sony PRS-350 reader. Sometimes the reader will show up as a USB drive on Windows like it should. Then if I unplug the PRS-350 and later hook it up again, it will not show up in Windows even if the PRS-350 screen says "USB Connected".

Anyone have any ideas what's going one? Do I have to shut the unit down all the way before I connect it? Do I need a firmware update?

In Settings, About the version of the PRS-350 is 1.0.00.08100.

Thank you.
crankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
crankypants
Hmm.
crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android 4.2 Google Play Reader
Got it. Some of my USB ports are having problems and do not provide power. If the USB port (in my case) does not provide power the PRS-350 won't show up as a drive in Windows. I simply used another (good) USB port and it worked.

This info might be helpful for others in the future.
crankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Good to know! I've also found sometimes doing a device shutdown on a Sony can make the computer recognize it again.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
By a strange coincidence (to this thread) yesterday my T1 was not recognized by the computer running W10. So I went into the menus and activated "USB connection" or so, and it appeared as 3 drives (as usual, I have a card inside).
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-350, sony, usb, windows8