Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
gianni_fed
gianni_fed began at the beginning.

Device: none
new error in Calibre

Hello,
for some time I have received the same error twice, does anyone know what it is due to? can you correct?
The error in Figure 1 appeared when I tried to change the name of the book, the number 2 when I tried to delete it, but I think it's still the same.
Thanks,
Gianni
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre error 1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	169332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre error 2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	169333  
gianni_fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this will happen if you put your calibre library in some unsuitable location, such as a network drive, or a folder that is synced via a file sync tool such as dropbox. Or alternatively your antivirus could be interfering, in which case try excluding the calibre library folder from it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:04 AM   #3
gianni_fed
gianni_fed began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks.
Please, I would like to ask you if it's possible, when I select multiple books, to have the opportunity to remove all font families from all books at once.
Thank you very much,
bye,
Gianni
gianni_fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni_fed View Post
Thanks.
Please, I would like to ask you if it's possible, when I select multiple books, to have the opportunity to remove all font families from all books at once.
Thank you very much,
bye,
Gianni
Modify EPUB Plugin will do that. That choice is on the right side

Note: this may destroy your books with non-standard font usage if your book has custom or special characters (eg runes)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
Colsteven
Colsteven began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle
I receive this error every time my library reaches approximately 50,500 books. I have excluded the library from my anti virus. The number of books seems to be an issue. Is there a way to expand the size of the library?
Colsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colsteven View Post
I receive this error every time my library reaches approximately 50,500 books. I have excluded the library from my anti virus. The number of books seems to be an issue. Is there a way to expand the size of the library?
Have you run Library Maintenance? That cleans metadata.db of dead records (records are normally just marked as unused on most DB systems).

If your DB has grown, it may exceed the file system (formatted type) allowed size.
What is the size of metadata.db?
What format type is used on your disk?
What OS and is it 64 bit?

Many folk have lots mor books.

What eats DB space, is big comments (I have see a sample chapter there ), many custom columns.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
Colsteven
Colsteven began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you run Library Maintenance? That cleans metadata.db of dead records (records are normally just marked as unused on most DB systems).

If your DB has grown, it may exceed the file system (formatted type) allowed size.
What is the size of metadata.db?
What format type is used on your disk?
What OS and is it 64 bit?

Many folk have lots mor books.

What eats DB space, is big comments (I have see a sample chapter there ), many custom columns.
Thank you for your response. I'll try out Library Maintenance. I have never used it. I am using Windows 10 64 bit. I don't have any comments or custom columns.
Colsteven is offline   Reply With Quote