Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
blueJ91
blueJ91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Kindle PW2 sharing and page number issue with side loaded books

I bought a PW2 for christmas which updated to 5.6.1 without notifying.

I covert epubs to mobi in calibre portable and put them in the document folder of the kindle.There are a few mobi files which i got via torrents. And a few free books from the kindle store.

When i try and share a goodreads update from a epub-mobi converted file, it shows "Error : There was a problem sending your message.Please try again later."

It works fine when I share from a native mobi file I got from the torrents (this shows as a file with a cover image, the others appear as text overlay in the home screen). But stuff like book info, page numbers are non existent.

The free ebooks work like butter. Every damn feature.

Anyone facing the same problems? I dont want to feel alone here .. haha..
What could be the issue? How do you get around this problem?

Happy New Year to you!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
We will not allow MobileRead's forums to be used to ask for support for pirated books. This is your one and only warning. Ask for help with stolen books again and you'll be instantly and permanently banned.

Thread closed.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-27-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Advert
Closed Thread

Tags
5.6.1, epub conversion, goodreads, mobi format, pw2