Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #46
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you installed the Microsoft conversion tool?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #47
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Device: none
Information for users of this plug-in that are getting an error message:
  1. Download and install Wordconv
  2. Make sure the path to wordconv is correctly configured. You do that in preferences ==> input options.
  3. If you are still having issues, it may be that the book has saved conversion settings from a previous conversion attempt. Those conversion settings include the path to wordconv (surprisingly). So reset the conversion settings for the book before making a new attempt, especially if the path to wordconv was wrong on a previous attempt.

(edit: I just saw that someone had it all figured out before I made the same discovery again. Leaving the post as is anyway.)

Last edited by botmtl; 03-04-2016 at 11:46 PM.
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #48
Dimsok
Dimsok began at the beginning.

Device: PC
How can i use it from command line calibre? When i try it says no plugin was loaded fro tnat format. With gui version all ok
Dimsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #49
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think that the plugin has to explicitly support command line usage.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #50
Dimsok

I just installed it for portable for the first time. When i installed for regular version it not say anymore that there is no plugin for such format. But anyway conversion is fail. Some message error in console (something about python)
Advert
Old 03-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #51
Dimsok

That means all plugins will be anavailable from cmd?
Old 03-12-2016, 08:16 PM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm pretty sure that all input and output plugins can be used from the command line. Assuming that the DOC input plugin is installed and configured, you should just be able to convert from DOC to any other supported format. But, look at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gene...k-convert.html for he options needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:11 PM   #53
MikeKReader
MikeKReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Red face Not working for me

Had the wrong Doc input plugin at first, and copied the needed files into the path they were expected in.

But with both the original plugin and the updated one it still fails to find some specific files: 81wh0a.doc & 81wh0a.doc.docx for the original and qkwsmo.doc & qkwsmo.doc.docx in the AppData\Local\Temp\ (etc) folders.

Just from the names, I suspect the plugin is supposed to be creating these, not looking for pre-existing files.

I can't follow the entire error dump so I don't know if it is creating them somewhere else but looking for them here.

Here is the dump:
Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.83.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Conversion Error: Failed: Convert book 1 of 1 (AgnesOld)

Convert book 1 of 1 (AgnesOld)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
read_metadata_from_opf: u'C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibr e_oyvxgj\\wnaobz.opf'
insert_metadata: True
verbose: 2
epub_flatten: True
output_profile: 'kobo'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 2.83.0
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': None,
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'docx_no_cover': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'epub_flatten': True,
'epub_inline_toc': False,
'epub_toc_at_end': False,
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x046E1550>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': True,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KoboReaderOutput object at 0x046E1970>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibr e_oyvxgj\\wnaobz.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2,
'wordconv_exe_path': u'c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\Wordconv.exe'}
InputFormatPlugin: DOC Input running
on C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_oyvxgj \ayxlqu.doc
Convert doc C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_oyvxgj \ayxlqu.doc to docx via c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Wordconv.exe
Temp directory C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_oyvxgj \gkrrvddoc_input temp output fileC:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_oy vxgj\gkrrvddoc_input\ayxlqu.doc.docx
Python function terminated unexpectedly
Command '[u'c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\Wordconv.exe', '-oice', '-nme', u'C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibr e_oyvxgj\\ayxlqu.doc', u'C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibr e_oyvxgj\\gkrrvddoc_input\\ayxlqu.doc.docx']' returned non-zero exit status -3 (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 33, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1088, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.doc_input.__init__", line 53, in convert
File "subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '[u'c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\Wordconv.exe', '-oice', '-nme', u'C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibr e_oyvxgj\\ayxlqu.doc', u'C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibr e_oyvxgj\\gkrrvddoc_input\\ayxlqu.doc.docx']' returned non-zero exit status -3

OK. That's odd. Essentially the same error, but different .doc & .doc.docx files missing -- and different gkrrvddoc_input directory -- ???

read_metadata_from_opf: u'C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibr e_oyvxgj\\wnaobz.opf'
Whole lotta files created in that calibre_oyvxgj directory, but no .opf or .doc files, no gkrrvddoc_input directory (& thus no .doc.docx file either.)

Last edited by theducks; 05-01-2017 at 01:20 AM. Reason: wrap log in spoiler
MikeKReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:58 PM   #54
pcyanide
pcyanide began at the beginning.

Wordconv location for Doc Input with calibre2

I use 64 bit version of Windows, so my WordConv is location under 'Program Files (x86)', rather than 'Program Files', however DocInput plugin searches it in 'C:\Program Files\MirosoftOffice\Office12'. When I go to Preferences\Input Option, I don't see DocInput plugin listed. I also tried to replace a line in __init__.py

OptionRecommendation(name='wordconv_exe_path', recommended_value='c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Wordconv.exe',

with

OptionRecommendation(name='wordconv_exe_path', recommended_value='c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\Wordconv.exe',

Still didn't help!

Of course I can convert to Docx, in which case it should work. But still I prefer to use DocInput plugin, as DOC is the default format of Word 2013, which I am using.
pcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #55
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcyanide View Post
Of course I can convert to Docx, in which case it should work. But still I prefer to use DocInput plugin, as DOC is the default format of Word 2013, which I am using.
Moderator Notice
Moved post to the Microsoft Doc Input Plugin thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:47 PM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I use 64 bit version of Windows, so my WordConv is location under 'Program Files (x86)', rather than 'Program Files', however DocInput plugin searches it in 'C:\Program Files\MirosoftOffice\Office12'. When I go to Preferences\Input Option, I don't see DocInput plugin listed. I also tried to replace a line in __init__.py

OptionRecommendation(name='wordconv_exe_path', recommended_value='c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Wordconv.exe',

with

OptionRecommendation(name='wordconv_exe_path', recommended_value='c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\Wordconv.exe',

Still didn't help!
The location set for where wordconv is shouldn't prevent the plugin from loading. If it is wrong, then there will be an error when you try to do a converion

If "DOC Input" isn't showing in the Input Options, then it isn't installed. If you have done the install, then there is probably an error during calibre startup. Firstly, check if the plugin is listed in the plugins page of the preferences. If it is missing from there, try reinstalling it. If it is still missing, restart calibre in debug mode (right click on preferences and choose the option). When calibre starts, close it again and the debug log will be displayed. Look for any errors near the start of the log. Post the error and I'll see if I can work out what is wrong.

Quote:
Are you sure of that? I would have said that Word change to docx as the default before Word 2013. Are you sure you haven't changed the default? In any case, I would recommend docx as the input format if you can. All the DOC Input plugin is doing is converting the doc to a docx and calling then converting that.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #57
pcyanide
pcyanide began at the beginning.

DOC Input was listed at the Plugins Page. I reinstalled it, but it didn't help.

However this story has a happy end. I installed the latest version of Calibre (from scratch). It listed DOC INPUT at Input Options page, so I didn't even need to add it.
I changed the path to wordconv and it worked great!
pcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:53 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

However this story has a happy end. I installed the latest version of Calibre (from scratch). It listed DOC INPUT at Input Options page, so I didn't even need to add it.
What version of calibre were you running? The plugin should work with anything recent, but if you were running an ancient version of calibre, then the plugin might not load and hence won't appear in the preferences. Installing the calibre update probably just allowed the plugin to work properly.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #59
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

From scratch may not mean what you think.
Uninstalling Calibre, leaves behind the Library AND the configuration folder (where user PI's are kept).

You may just have fixed a broken or outdated Calibre install
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #60
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The factory default format for MS Word has been DOCX since Office 2007.

On the odd occasion I need to share a document with someone who uses an earlier version of Office I save a .DOC from Word (2010), and once they have it, I delete it.

I stopped using this PI shortly after DOCX support became available in the calibre core.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-05-2017 at 05:23 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote