Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
gealmola
gealmola began at the beginning.

Device: None
Conversion from DJVU to PDF

Why Calibre doesn't have a DJVU to PDF conversion?

Will be in a newer version of Calibre?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards.
gealmola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does have djvu to pdf conversion, but calibre only supports text mode djvu files, not image based ones.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 01:46 AM   #3
gealmola
gealmola began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thank you very much for the support Kovid.

I installed recently a Calibre's new version. But it generates a new icon on Windows's desktop. So there are two icons of Calibre after installation.

Can I delete any one of them and the action make the same result?

Thanks in advance.
gealmola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealmola View Post
Thank you very much for the support Kovid.

I installed recently a Calibre's new version. But it generates a new icon on Windows's desktop. So there are two icons of Calibre after installation.

Can I delete any one of them and the action make the same result?

Thanks in advance.
2 Icons? (and yes, you can delete ANY of those with a little arrow showing. Those are only shortcuts, not the app) '2' makes me think that you installed the other (32 vs 64) version. Right click on the icon: Properties: Look at the line TARGET
If it has x86 in it, it is the 32 bit version. Now look at the same place in the other. FWIW it is safe to uninstall all Calibres, then reinstall. Settings and Libraries remain. (DO NOT run cleaner aps that find 'unused files' during this time. Just in case they get aggressive )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:27 AM   #5
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
2 Icons? (and yes, you can delete ANY of those with a little arrow showing. Those are only shortcuts, not the app) '2' makes me think that you installed the other (32 vs 64) version. Right click on the icon: Properties: Look at the line TARGET
If it has x86 in it, it is the 32 bit version. Now look at the same place in the other. FWIW it is safe to uninstall all Calibres, then reinstall. Settings and Libraries remain. (DO NOT run cleaner aps that find 'unused files' during this time. Just in case they get aggressive )

Nah, this happens to me all the time too. Every time I install a new version, I get another icon on my win10 desktop. Now, I do rename the icon to just Calibre, instead of the long name that windows puts on it, but yes, either are fine to delete and the existing will start up Calibre just fine.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Nah, this happens to me all the time too. Every time I install a new version, I get another icon on my win10 desktop. Now, I do rename the icon to just Calibre, instead of the long name that windows puts on it, but yes, either are fine to delete and the existing will start up Calibre just fine.
You can deselect the creation of desktop shortcuts if you click the Advanced button when you install (after accepting license), otherwise the windows installer will create/replace a shortcut with name specified in the MSI script.

If you deselect it, the setting will persist across multiple installs, I deselected it in 2012, haven't seen a calibre desktop shortcut since.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-09-2019 at 06:15 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Thanks. I've never peeked under the advanced hood when installing.

Last edited by Bookstooge; 10-09-2019 at 06:53 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
djvu pdf conversion