Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #136
Ahuwot
Ahuwot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Managing collections this way doesn't work for me. In calibre, all books are careully assigned to collections (in category i've created), but in Kindle there's nothing. Or rather, there are these collections - in "all" category, but they're all empty. In category "downloaded" i've created collection "test".

Now - in any category I can add only Amazon books; it's the fact I know about - so there's 3 "user guides" I can choose from. It's not what I wanted...

I have many books not from Amazon, that I uploaded from computer, for example - papers from my studies, whatever. What can I do to add them to collections? My device is jailbroken, so every method should be fine. Another problem is, that my firmware is 5.7.2.1 version, so I can't make use of most things from dev's corner, like "Collection manager" from ixtab or sth like that...

Any help?
Ahuwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #137
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Ahuwot: Use LibrarianSync to import those collections on your device.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #138
Ahuwot
Ahuwot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Ahuwot: Use LibrarianSync to import those collections on your device.
Yeah, it was exactly what I was trying to do, for some time without succes, but finally - i've did it. Thank you for quick response!
Ahuwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:41 AM   #139
SquareMelon
SquareMelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX2
Naming Collections

Hi there

I love this plugin but I'm rather new to it and am struggling to determine whether you can customise the way a collection is named using a preset format e.g. %Author% - %Series%
SquareMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #140
Eisfreak7
Eisfreak7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3
Hi
I originally asked these questions here, but apparently they are better placed in this thread.

I'd like to automate a few steps of loading books on my kindle.
First of all, is it possible to identify the kindle based on the files calibre leaves on it instead of the USB Identifier? I am trying to connect to it via sshfs instead of USB, but Kindle Collections "thinks" it is another device and therefore doesn't save the configuration.
Also, is it possible to automate the Collections generation? Ideally, after every "send to device" or possibly when closing calibre, the Collections would be regenerated and updated on the kindle (with librarian sync, `ssh kindle /mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/generate_collections.py --update-calibre`). This could be archived when Kindle Collections would expose a command line interface.
Eisfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #141
gandalfnn
gandalfnn began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 2
Hello,
I use the Plugin Kindle collections , but after finnishing i get the message:

not saving customazations due an unknown kindle model.

I have the newest Kindle Paperwhite reader.- Is there anyone which can give me a helping hand? calibre+ kindle with latest update
kind regards
christine

Last edited by gandalfnn; 04-06-2016 at 10:54 AM.
gandalfnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #142
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@gandalfnn: Whoops, forgot to release a version w/ the IDs for the new models.

I'll try to do that in the coming weeks, since I have to check if this all still works on Windows...
Old 04-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #143
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Once the collections are in place on the Kindle, is there a simple way to make new books appear in the collections ?

Or must on create them anew ?

Calibre 2.5.4, under Linux; Kindle 3 Keyboard.
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #144
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rolgiati: Err, what?

How would the system know which collections to assign the books to? o_O.

So, err, no, you have to assign those yourself. The plugin has various ways of making that fairly painless, though, but that's kind of the whole point of the thing .
Old 04-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #145
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Belatedly released 1.7.16, with detection of the KT2/KV/PW3.

Autodetection *might* be broken on Windows 10 with recent Calibre versions, I haven't had the occasion to check yet.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #146
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Quote:
@rolgiati:How would the system know which collections to assign the books to? o_O.
I was thinking that, to take an example, since one of my collections is defined by tags:"Fiction", new books with that tag would automagically be added to the Fiction collection whenever I activated the plug-in. ;-3)
Old 04-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #147
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rolgiati: Yeah, that's already a feature of the plugin?

I think the first post even has my example of 'collection tags' syntax, classic tags which I prepend with a + (i.e., +Fiction), and on each run of the plugin, those are assigned to the "Fiction' collection. (All to avoid having to maintain a custom column).
Old 04-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #148
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
@rolgiati: Yeah, that's already a feature of the plugin?
In that case, I am sorry to report that here it does not work; after I transfer the book from Calibre to Kindle the book is not in the collection it should belong to, and I have to use "Edit Kindle collections manually" to get the book where it belongs.

Calibre 2.54 under Debian Wheezy, Kindle Collections plugin 1.7.15, Kindle 3 KB
Old 04-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #149
NiLuJe
BLAM!

What's the state of your "Customize" setup?

(i.e., that screen, which incidentally, shows the exact setup I was talking about ^^).

You do have to run "Create collections" after sending books to your device, but that's it.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #150
stevebw
stevebw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindle Collections v1.7.16 slow

Hi

Earlier today I started Calibre (v2.51 running on Linux Mint 64bit Intel) and accepted the offered update to the Kindle Collections plug-in. I did an Update Collections (for a library of around 4000 books on a Kindle Keyboard) and it ran for 25 minutes before I killed it. Re-started kindle and Calibre and same result. Removed/re-installed plug-in and tried again. It completed in a little over 9 minutes - better but much slower than before.
Is this a known problem? Can I revert to the previous version? Will there be another update?

I love this plugin! I can live with it if it's going to take no more than 10 minutes to create collections but would much rather go back to the minute or so it used to take.

Serves me right for installing an update without checking it out first!

Regards

Steve
stevebw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle