Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
LonelyStar
LonelyStar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which cover provides best protection for Kindle DX

Hi,

I want to take my Kindle DX on a biking tour. I do not yet have cover for the kindle DX yet.
What would be the best protective cover for a kindle dx, when it has to be packed tidily in a bike bag?

Thanks!
LonelyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyStar View Post
Hi,

I want to take my Kindle DX on a biking tour. I do not yet have cover for the kindle DX yet.
What would be the best protective cover for a kindle dx, when it has to be packed tidily in a bike bag?

Thanks!
Look for a hard case like maybe one for a netbook. Look in Target. I'd also get a cover for it similar to the roocase I mention below. Make sure that the hard case has some sort of pocket to hold the kindle with the cover. Get the cover first and then take kindle to Target and find something that will work. A hard case is better since it should take bumping plus the softer cover will protect it.

For those with a Kindle 3:

I have a roocase like this one http://ebuyakindle.info/wp-content/u...1ibejETCsL.jpg. Also in Target in the car stuff section there is a case for things like GPS's and other electronic devices. It's a fairly hard case and the kindle3 with the roocase fit inside easily.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have an Oberon cover that works well. My Mom has an M-Edge cover. It is hard to find covers for the DX because it is not as popular a device.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote