Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-30-2024, 05:26 PM   #1
MrSamG
MrSamG began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Google Oauth 2.0 for user login

Are there any plans to add Google Oauth 2.0 for user login to the content server? And if not specifically Google, are there any other authentication options?

Apologies I'd this has been asked and answered. I've searched around a lot and search returns are unfortunately overwhelmed with Calibre Web results.
MrSamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, no plans. OAuth only works with browsers, the server is designed to work with non-browser clients as well, hence it uses HTTP auth.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 03:55 AM   #3
MrSamG
MrSamG began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Thanks for the reply.

If it were an option, rather than enabled by default then content server would still work with non-browser clients. Some non-browser clients do get configured to accept it, even bypass it and use normal loggin.

I have OAuth enabled on Audiobookshelf and the app works okay with it.

Anyway, appreciate you response and thanks for all the work on Calibre. It's fantastic.
MrSamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 05:08 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
OAuth is more about Google (or MS) tracking than adding real security.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:46 PM   #5
giganticfez
giganticfez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unfortunately, I just got an email for my Google Workspace saying they are doing away with the Less Secure Apps setting in September. So now I'm casting about for a solution that lets me keep using Calibre to email books to my kindles.
giganticfez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:30 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote