Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
Alsweider
Alsweider began at the beginning.

Device: OYO II
Viewer: Auto Scroll Reading Time

Hello, I just discovered that it is possible to display the remaining reading time of a book in the viewer. I'd like to know on which formula the displayed time is based. My main question is: Does the calculation include the auto scrolling speed? For example, when I set the speed to 0.5 lines per second, it should duplicate the reading time immediately, but it doesn't look like this is the case.
Alsweider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calculation is based on the speed at which you scroll. The mechanism of scrolling is irrelevant. it will gather statistic from a while of scrolling and then use those stats to present an estimate of reading time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:59 AM   #3
Alsweider
Alsweider began at the beginning.

Device: OYO II
That's good to know, thanks for the answer.
Alsweider is offline   Reply With Quote