Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2016, 06:22 AM   #421
CatRovacer
CatRovacer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Touch, Aura HD
Hi All!
Where i can find source code for app Test under Android for Kobo?
It for test screen - fill white, black, gray strips and show VCOM voltage.
I need only the last feature - see how to read VCOM
CatRovacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #422
Archolmn
Archolmn began at the beginning.

Device: Android Coolreader
I want to use this with Moonreader but im having a hard time getting Dropbox or GDrive sync installed, has anyone been able to fix this?
Archolmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #423
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Just to let anyone who's looking for this: there is a translation framework available for Kobo.

I've mirrored it here incase the other link goes down: framework-res.apk.7z
markyisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #424
mohcinbamou
mohcinbamou began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Please can i have android firmware for kobo glo hd?

Last edited by mohcinbamou; 12-13-2016 at 01:23 PM.
mohcinbamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #425
gezzer
gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook simple touch, paperwhite 2, paperwhite 3, kobo aura hd
hello there, i'm using the Aura4G.d.img on my Aura HD, android seems to work fine, bu because i cannot access play store i threw a few apk's to install to a micro sd card and plugged it into external sd card slot of my device. the problem here is, it doesn't correctly recognize the external sd, i open up the storage options in settings, when i plug the external sd, the only thing changing is the "mount sd card" option that is intended for the internal storage becomes available, and when i click it, i think it mounts the storage partition of the internal sd card. i can't still access the files on the external sd.

did someone else encountered a similiar problem, and were you been able to solve it?

thanks

edit:
to anyone that experiences the same problem, i solved this with switching to dualboot. the dual boot image dated 28-02-2014 works finne and has proper partitioning.

with the earlier image dated 02-02-2014, i was not able to turn the backlight on also.

Last edited by gezzer; 01-14-2017 at 12:19 PM.
gezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #426
gezzer
gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.gezzer once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

here is another problem i have, the icons and buttons are too small for the screen. i tried to use apps "textdroider_dpi" and "Density Changer" to set the dpi to 300(it's 205 in the images) but they didn't work, they normally work on other android devices i have.

so i searched it on google to find the configuration file that is responsible for this and found that it is "/system/build.prop". the article i found says there should be a "ro.sf.lcd_density=XXX" line but it isn't there. maybe it's different for this version of android? do you guys have any idea?

it's really hard to use on screen controls with this :/

edit:
i also can't use "adb shell am display-size" "adb shell am display-density" "adb shell wm density" commands when i connect the kobo to pc in usb debug mode, the commands are not found..

Last edited by gezzer; 01-14-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:36 AM   #427
Sanxel
Sanxel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
hello there. Did somebody here use some launcher other than "Smart launcher" with Kobo Glo?

Some time ago I had been looking for lightweight alternative to Smart Launcher. I came across this "Dark Dimension Launcher": https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en
It definetly uses little memory, but turned out to be somewhat buggy and not too functional..
Sanxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #428
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanxel View Post
hello there. Did somebody here use some launcher other than "Smart launcher" with Kobo Glo?
As you can see at the screenshots at the first post, I use LauncherPro.
I think it's included in the +++ version of MarekGibek's image for Glo, but I'm not 100% sure about it, since I've modified almost everything in my personal version...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #429
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi there.

I used ADW Launcher while my Kobo was still functioning. Once some settings were configured, it really worked nice with the Kobo's grayscale and small screen.

If you'd like, I can send you the options that I used to make it look good. You'll have to manually enter them because I typed them in a text file.

Feel free to customize them and post your changes.

Last edited by markyisri; 02-04-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: wrong launcher
Old 01-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #430
Sanxel

embryo,

Thanks, I'm sure it's still OK, but it's too old IMHO.

markyisri,

Thanks, will give it a try. Wil try to find out which is the latest version of Apex Launcher that supports this android.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #431
markyisri
Connoisseur

Quote:
embryo,

Thanks, I'm sure it's still OK, but it's too old IMHO.

markyisri,

Thanks, will give it a try. Wil try to find out which is the latest version of Apex Launcher that supports this android.
I made a mistake.

It was actually ADW Launcher that I used. I posted the exact APK on the previous page.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #432
Sanxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyisri View Post
It was actually ADW Launcher that I used. I posted the exact APK on the previous page.
Thanks, but I've actually settled on this launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mar.kiss&hl=en called KISS Launcher. It's probably too minimalist, but works for me. It's < 250 KB in size and they claim it's good on battery. Latest version for android 2.3.4 is 2.27.0 (2016-12-02)

Last edited by Sanxel; 02-08-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #433
gezzer

hello there, android on kobo(aura hd to be specific) is way bit too slow in my opinion. did anyone else also notice that?

i mean, the screen is like rendered 3fps at best, and it takes Perfect Viewer almost 7 seconds to render a single comic page in image format, around 1500*1000 resolution and with lanczos3 resizing algorithm on. The Perfect Viewer app also cant seem to cache more than one next pages and crash occasionally.

you might say "this is an e-ink device, of course the screen will be slow" but the nook simple touch i had before could almost view videos at like 10 fps on monochrome mode, and could've do sliding animations acceptably smoother on android. i could've also switch a few pages acceptably quick in Perfect Viewer.

Do these problems occur due to non fully compatible kernel?

Last edited by gezzer; 02-18-2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: trash grammar
Old 03-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #434
jperon
jperon began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Hello,

The link to Marek's 2014 image is dead ; could someone tell me where I could obtain it, please ?

Thank you !
jperon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #435
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperon View Post
The link to Marek's 2014 image is dead ; could someone tell me where I could obtain it, please ?
It seems that there is something wrong with the Marek's Dropbox links..
I re-uploaded the 2014 Glo image to some mirrors and updated the link but unfortunately I don't have the Touch image (since I don't own one).
If somebody has a link please post it here and I'll update the first post.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote