Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
SpideyBennett
SpideyBennett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question .mobi files look weird

Hi there,

I tried downloading the eBook "Lord of the Flies" today. I downloaded the .pdf file from [MOD EDIT: a source of pirated material] and proceeded to convert the file to .mobi format using Calibre and then used Calibre to transfer the file to my kindle fire. When I opened the book in my kindle, the format was lacking the smooth feel of books purchased from the Amazon store. It has an abundant amount of Table of Contents hyperlinks throughout the book even to the point of separating words. Also, by hyperlinks, I mean underlined blue words. Clicking these "links" does nothing.

I assume I've messed up on converting. I've searched the internet including this site for a matter of hours and can't find a solution. Any help along with suggestions on making the book appear normal will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-16-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Spidey,

welcome to the forum!

Please note that it is not possible on this forum to give advice on how to best violate the copyright on books.

Best regards,
Andy
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
SpideyBennett
SpideyBennett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Ive purchased a hard copy of the book and therefore have rights to it
Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBennett View Post
Ive purchased a hard copy of the book and therefore have rights to it
Moderator Notice

Discussion of where to obtain pirated ebooks, and how best to converted said ebooks is not permitted on MobileRead.

Possession of hard copy of a book does not give the right to download a pirated ebook version of the book.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread