Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur
Lov2Read is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader 505
Where do the Readers ship from?

I ordered a PRS-505 this weekend and it is supposed to ship today. Does anyone know where they ship from? Do they come from overseas or from somewhere in the U.S? I am leaving for vacation on Thursday and thought I selected 2 day shipping. But my website order says "Expedited shipping", which can be 3 to 4 days according to their website. So I am attempting to figure out if it might make it here based on where it is shipped from and where I live. So, anyone know what state it is coming from?
Lov2Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Sorry, I have no idea. I bought it from a Sony Style store.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
My 505 shipped from Texas, arrived in 2 days via Fedex. I had ordered it from the Sony website
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Mine shipped from San Diego, which was nice because that's where I am!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Lov2Read, be sure and let us know when you Sony arrives; hopefully in time for your vacation. Got my fingers crossed for you.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Lov2Read, be sure and let us know when you Sony arrives; hopefully in time for your vacation. Got my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks! I am on the East Coast, so if they are coming from Texas or San Diego, it isn't looking too good. Ah well, one never knows. Perhaps I will get lucky. I am not leaving until late Thursday evening, so there is always a chance....
Old 06-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Storks? No, never mind. Children don't read these days.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
storks... pfff...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
(isn't it cabbages though ? and roses, for the cybooks )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
Got mine shipped from CARLSBAD, CA (and I'm on the east coast). Had to wait SIX (6) WHOLE DAYS! until it arrived!
arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadesdude View Post
Got mine shipped from CARLSBAD, CA (and I'm on the east coast). Had to wait SIX (6) WHOLE DAYS! until it arrived!
Yuck! Was that with Standard or Expedited shipping though?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
poof!

Last edited by daffy4u; 06-04-2008 at 12:26 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #13
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadesdude View Post
Carlsbad is part of San Diego County.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #14
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

:(

I'm bummed it didn't even ship today. I ordered it Saturday morning and it said June 2, 2008 as the shipping date. But I just checked the order status and it is still listed as "processing".

It is in stock, I don't know why they didn't ship it.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #15
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
maybe the website hasn't updated and it WAS shipped today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2Read View Post
I'm bummed it didn't even ship today. I ordered it Saturday morning and it said June 2, 2008 as the shipping date. But I just checked the order status and it is still listed as "processing".

It is in stock, I don't know why they didn't ship it.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote