Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2023, 12:29 PM   #1
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
Remove Audible books

I have an 11th generation Kindle paperwhite (Signature edition).

It displays both my ebooks and Audible books but I am only interested in seeing the ebooks as I don't listen to Audible on my paperwhite.

I there any way to remove them from my Kindle? There is no remove option and the settings menu only allows for showing Audible in Home and Library or Library only. It doesn't offer an option to not show them at all.

If I connect the kindle to my computer the directory doesn't have any audible books listed that I can delete.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 12:57 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I have an 11th generation Kindle paperwhite (Signature edition).

It displays both my ebooks and Audible books but I am only interested in seeing the ebooks as I don't listen to Audible on my paperwhite.

I there any way to remove them from my Kindle? There is no remove option and the settings menu only allows for showing Audible in Home and Library or Library only. It doesn't offer an option to not show them at all.

If I connect the kindle to my computer the directory doesn't have any audible books listed that I can delete.
Go to Settings -> Device Options -> Advanced Options -> Home & Library -> Audible Content and choose Show in Library Filter Only.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2023, 01:05 PM   #3
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't want it to show in library either. I just want them to not display at all.
Old 02-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I don't want it to show in library either. I just want them to not display at all.
In library they won't show unless you have them enabled in your filter. Deselct all, and just select what you want to see.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 06:40 PM   #5
Jean
Zealot

Thank you for that suggestion. I hadn't even noticed the filter option (it's very inconspicuous).

I can now just display books only. Thank you again.
Advert
Old 02-21-2023, 07:13 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Thank you for that suggestion. I hadn't even noticed the filter option (it's very inconspicuous).

I can now just display books only. Thank you again.
Or, even easier, I always have show ALL and DOWNLOADED as my filters. This way I can see everything on my Kindle, and if I want to look in the cloud, I can see everything, including audible by just disabling the download filter temporarily.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 07:50 PM   #7
Jean
Zealot

Unfortunately the audible books downloaded themselves when I initially activated my kindle. Now I can't get rid of them.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:43 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Unfortunately the audible books downloaded themselves when I initially activated my kindle. Now I can't get rid of them.
I have never heard of that happening (automatic download); perhaps you tapped on them inadvertently (easy to do).

In any case, there should be a Remove download option.

Or it might be easier to go to Settings -> Advanced Options -> Storage Management -> Manual Removal -> Audible to do this.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:01 PM   #9
Jean
Zealot

Maybe on an older paperwhite but there is no option like that on the signature paperwhite. ☹️

It's fine though since I can hide them easily using the filter option.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:56 AM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Maybe on an older paperwhite but there is no option like that on the signature paperwhite. ☹️

It's fine though since I can hide them easily using the filter option.
I do not have an older Kindle, in fact I have the same model as yourself. It has to have this feature. It's been the same for years.
Old 02-22-2023, 01:49 AM   #11
Jean
Zealot

I don't have a storage managment section. All I have under advanced options are:
Device Time
Home and Library
Update your Kindle (greyed out)
Whispersync for Books
Power Saver
Privacy
I don't have it available anywhere else either.

I'm on firmware version 5.15.1 maybe that's the difference.

Last edited by Jean; 02-22-2023 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-22-2023, 08:08 AM   #12
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
I don't have a storage managment section
Not sure it this is the case here, but if there are more options than can fit on the screen at one time then you need to scroll the list to see them all.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:20 PM   #13
Jean
Zealot

Unfortunately there is no option to scroll on my kindle.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:22 PM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I don't have a storage managment section. All I have under advanced options are:
Device Time
Home and Library
Update your Kindle (greyed out)
Whispersync for Books
Power Saver
Privacy
I don't have it available anywhere else either.

I'm on firmware version 5.15.1 maybe that's the difference.
@jhowell is correct: on Kindles without Special Offers (except for Scribe), you have to scroll to get to the Storage Management option. Swipe up, or tap on bottom of scroll bar on right side. Paperwhite SE does not have Special Offers so you need to 'scroll'. (both my Paperwhite SE and Paperwhite 10th gen require this).

With Special Offers Kindles, Device Time option is on Device Options page instead of Advanced Options (there's room there as Special Offers Kindles have no Display Cover option), and with one less option, no scrolling is needed on Advanced Options to show Storage Management.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-22-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:38 PM   #15
Jean
Zealot

Hah! I totally missed that. Thank you everyone for your assistance.