Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #46
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And multiple authors are separated by a , so you send "LN, FN", the result is that your Kobo thinks you have two authors.

I.e. "Ringo, John & Sherrer, Lydia" give you Ringo as one author, John & Sherrer as the 2nd author author and Lydia as the 3rd author. Whereas "John Ringo, Lydia Sherrer" gives you two authors with a first and last name.
Yes. As I prefer LN, FN and & in my Calibre library, I keep a separate library for the books I send to my Kobos (a tenth or so of my whole library at the moment). It can probably be done with metadata plugboards, but I like a separate smaller library for connected devices. I never connect my Kobos to my main library.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:45 PM   #47
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
And multiple authors are separated by a , so you send "LN, FN", the result is that your Kobo thinks you have two authors.

I.e. "Ringo, John & Sherrer, Lydia" give you Ringo as one author, John & Sherrer as the 2nd author author and Lydia as the 3rd author. Whereas "John Ringo, Lydia Sherrer" gives you two authors with a first and last name.

No wonder I get such a strange list! Thanks for explaining that.

I'm glad kobo sorts correctly on the books pages.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2022, 03:01 PM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes. As I prefer LN, FN and & in my Calibre library, I keep a separate library for the books I send to my Kobos (a tenth or so of my whole library at the moment). It can probably be done with metadata plugboards, but I like a separate smaller library for connected devices. I never connect my Kobos to my main library.
Why not hide Author(s) and display Author Sort then?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 04:35 PM   #49
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Why not hide Author(s) and display Author Sort then?
AFAIK you can't display Author Sort in the library list. Do you know a way?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:41 PM   #50
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
AFAIK you can't display Author Sort in the library list. Do you know a way?
I created a custom column to display the Author Sort. See the image. It can be referred to as #author_sort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	author_sort.png
Views:	135
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	198265  
Advert
Old 12-08-2022, 12:00 AM   #51
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is it possible to sort by filename in the Kobo Collections UI?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:53 AM   #52
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Is it possible to sort by filename in the Kobo Collections UI?
Filename is not a sort option.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:30 AM   #53
dreambeat
Enthusiast
dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Kobos Mini & Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Following a request in the kobopatch request thread here is a beta patch for anyone who would prefer to see the names in the MyBooks Authors List and/or Collections List without the italics. I've tested in the current firmware, 4.34.20097, but it should work equally well in any firmware released in 2022.

If you decide to try it please leave any comments in this thread. I'll use any feedback (or lack thereof) to decide whether to include it in the standard kobopatch pack for future firmwares.

Copy into your copy of nickel.yaml (or wherever you normally store your customised nickel.yaml patches).
Spoiler:
Code:
beta Customise Authors List and Collections List names:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Change font style of MyBooks Authors/Collections names

# Part 1: Authors List name
  - FindZlib: "AuthorsListWidget" # qss/AuthorsListWidget.qss
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #hTitle Author name label to non-italic
        - Find:    "#hTitle {\n  qproperty-maxNumLines: 1;\n}"
          Replace: "#hTitle {\n  qproperty-maxNumLines:1; font-style:normal;\n}"

# Part 2: Collections List name
  - FindZlib: "GenericListWidget" # qss/GenericListWidget.qss
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #hTitle Collection name label to non-italic
        - Find:    "#hTitle {\n  qproperty-maxNumLines: 1;\n}"
          Replace: "#hTitle {\n  qproperty-maxNumLines:1; font-style:normal;\n}"
Thanks for this - the italics in the menus have been bothering me for a while. I just installed it, and it looks great.
dreambeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:35 AM   #54
minsik
minsik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O revision 5.
sorry cant locate how to remove all patch system. Is it safe just to install a new software or reinstall the original 4.24.20097.

thanks.
minsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:37 AM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minsik View Post
sorry cant locate how to remove all patch system. Is it safe just to install a new software or reinstall the original 4.24.20097.

thanks.
It's not a good idea to go back that far without first doing a reset.

Why would you want to go back to 4.24?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:43 AM   #56
minsik
minsik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O revision 5.
oops, i meant 4.34.20097 just before the latest one.
aha after searching all over i found the otiginal readme describes just reinstall software over whats there. sounds simple enough! Famous last words.

Last edited by minsik; 01-30-2023 at 06:51 AM.
minsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:58 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minsik View Post
oops, i meant 4.34.20097 just before the latest one.
aha after searching all over i found the otiginal readme describes just reinstall software over whats there. sounds simple enough! Famous last words.
Yes, you can reinstall the same firmware as the one you've patched in order to remove all of the patches.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching