Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 02:05 PM   #991
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
"perfect for readers who loved book and book and book, even though the three books aren't really that similar at all which makes the reader wonder what kind of fustercluck this book is"
Sometimes never even heard of the book or author being referenced.... I usually figure I'm probably not the books target audience
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:38 PM   #992
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I was reading a fanfic that is framed as being the "journal" of a character who dies in canon.

The last chapter, still in first person, describes his death. I feel like the author might've forgotten about the 'journal' bit...
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:55 AM   #993
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
I was reading a fanfic that is framed as being the "journal" of a character who dies in canon.

The last chapter, still in first person, describes his death. I feel like the author might've forgotten about the 'journal' bit...
Someone used a Ghostwriter.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #994
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Someone used a Ghostwriter.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:36 AM   #995
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
At most, I like to have four books going at once: one regular fiction/nonfiction, one omnibus edition, and two fanfics (one fully-completed, one in-progress). But I get distracted easily. Plus I never know when a library hold will show up.
I tend to have multiple things going as well. I have one on regular reader, short story anthology on bedside reader, cozies or magazines on my take-a-long. In addition, I have an audiobook playing from Alexa next to my chair (while stitching) and a different audiobook on Ipod nano in speakerdoc in sewing room. They are different genres so the plots don't get confused. Right now, mystery on main reader, fantasy anthology on bedside reader, cozies on take-a-long, science fiction on Alexa and non-fiction on Ipod Nano. It's already the 6th of February and I have finished NONE! That is the disadvantage of multiple titles at once.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 01:47 PM   #996
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’ve been in a reading slump for a few days and the thought of getting back into the serious books I’ve been reading seems like an effort too far.

Maybe tomorrow.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 02:45 PM   #997
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm using Overdrive loans to go through a series. Every time I go to borrow the next book, it's already out and I'm #1 in the waitlist. I guess somebody else is reading through them, lol.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-11-2023 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:20 AM   #998
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’ve been in a reading slump for a few days and the thought of getting back into the serious books I’ve been reading seems like an effort too far.

Maybe tomorrow.
Maybe try something lighter, a short story or something in a different genre from what your current "serious books" are? I go from crime fiction, to science fiction, to cozy mystery, to light fantasy, to historical fiction, with occasional horror or biography thrown in. It all depends on my mood, and what else I have going on in my life at the moment.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:33 AM   #999
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
If reading seems like an effort, definitely switch books. Why torture yourself, reading should be a pleasure. So what if your current read is not highbrow enough? Who cares? You should enjoy what you're reading, no matter the genre.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:21 PM   #1000
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-12 14_19_56-Edit metadata - Too Many Crooks Spoil the Plot -  [1 of 2].png
Views:	120
Size:	846.9 KB
ID:	199699

wait just a minute there...
Old 02-12-2023, 02:21 PM   #1001
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Maybe try something lighter, a short story or something in a different genre from what your current "serious books" are? I go from crime fiction, to science fiction, to cozy mystery, to light fantasy, to historical fiction, with occasional horror or biography thrown in. It all depends on my mood, and what else I have going on in my life at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
If reading seems like an effort, definitely switch books. Why torture yourself, reading should be a pleasure. So what if your current read is not highbrow enough? Who cares? You should enjoy what you're reading, no matter the genre.
I’ve been reading junk for the last few days, and by junk I mean junk, not just light reading. There’s nothing wrong with that, of course, but it makes me feel restless and dissatisfied because my mind’s not fully engaged. My biggest issue regarding the books on hiatus is that if I let them go too long they’ll be hard to pick up again and I do like them — well, I like two of them; the third is iffy but it improved as I was on the point of abandoning it. There’s a sweet spot of something that’s light, engaging and well-written, but they can be hard to identify. And of course when I do, I blaze right through them, so back to the drawing board. I hate to start yet another book, but I think that’ll be my plan for this evening, hoping that lightning strikes re: the light and engaging.

Honestly, I think part of this funk is just being tired of winter. Still a long way to go, too.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 03:04 PM   #1002
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Attachment 199699

wait just a minute there...
"adores kids..." Umm, just no. I don't have a motherly bone in my body.
Old 02-12-2023, 03:12 PM   #1003
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Also, I am curious who exactly names their kid "Aphrodite." I suppose they were thinking of the love and beauty parts, not the... other aspects.
Old 02-12-2023, 03:19 PM   #1004
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Also, I am curious who exactly names their kid "Aphrodite." I suppose they were thinking of the love and beauty parts, not the... other aspects.
Aphrodite was born from the sea foam according to one legend. I too wonder what the parents were thinking? Was the kid adopted or what?
Old 02-12-2023, 03:42 PM   #1005
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
"adores kids..." Umm, just no. I don't have a motherly bone in my body.
Yup, that's me, too, and why I try to avoid that sort of thing. I will never understand why Amazon tries to push Romances to me, especially romances with extant kids. (I think it's because there's a sub-sub-genre of Steampunk, typically written by female authors, that invariably...let's see...invariably ends up with a romance theme, no matter how Independent Woman it starts out. They see that I plow through [mostly, altho some have been wall-tossers!] and read those, and so they think, "yup, that's it, give her another 3 minutes, and she'll be in the Regency Aisle!")

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote