Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
Wernerott
Wernerott began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Another exporting library question

Am moving my Calibre library onto a new Macbook, as my old 12-year old Mac system isn’t capable of getting any more updates.
I thought I would “copy” the contents of my Calibre Library onto a USB stick, and then set up a new version Calibre onto the new computer and import the data from the USB into it. Is that the easiest way?
Also - now Calibre on the old computer is empty....but there’s still a Calibre book folder in existence on it. I thought I had merely COPIED the data, not MOVED it.
Wernerott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I can't answer Moved vs Copy action you did
Also copy the config folder (not a MAC person, but preferences Misc...: open config folder should take you there

OK
What I would do

Install Calibre on your new MAC (DO NOT ADD ANY BOOKS)
Shut Calibre down

REPLACE the config folder with the old one (that does all your PI and settings. in 1 Bang)
REPLACE the contents of the Library folder with the contents of the old. You may need to point Calibre to the new path when you start. on Library Icon: Switch/Create: USE EXISTING : <point it to the new folder>
(if both Library folders have the same, default name, replace the folder.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert