Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

When Gravity Fails by George Alec Effinger is our in Audible format!!

When Gravity Fails is one of my all time favorite secret treasures of a read. it's pulpy, technoir, sort of cyberpunk and a Sam Spade meets modern medications and body mods all rolled into one. Oh and there is the whole seductive and mysterious aspect of our idealized middle eastern society (think of the moves from the 40s-50s and toss in a bit of Raiders of the Lost Arc as well).

I've been pining away for an ebook version but THIS is what I am going to fall asleep listening to for the next few nights and listen to during the day. So jazzed I stayed up a bit late to peruse Audible tonight. And oh, btw, there is NO ebook version our yet, sigh...it's such a fun read but the reader on the Audible version is one on my favorite readers so I am looking forward to it a bunch, if ya can't tell. Din't even need to listen to the sample.

http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B004QDNOWS

It was a sad day when I first learned Effinger was no longer alive because he took with him a series that gave me so much fun. But at least we have the few novels he left behind to enjoy.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budayeen, effinger, marid audran, murder mystery