Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 04:51 AM   #76
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Does the screenshot show the build number (the number in parenthesis) for the firmware?
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=98682329
Screenshot shows that it is PW3 white.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #77
stassk8
stassk8 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg, kindle pw3
https://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/204500...1_11-37-09.jpg
stassk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #78
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=98682329
Screenshot shows that it is PW3 white.
Thanks. That looks legitimate. Hopefully it works out and is released more fully.

With that build number I was able to download the source code related to that release from Amazon.

Last edited by jhowell; 08-01-2020 at 09:49 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:41 AM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm waiting to see if someone on MR gets 5.13.1 on a PW3.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone received 5.13.1 on a PW3 yet?
Old 08-05-2020, 04:06 PM   #81
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has anyone received 5.13.1 on a PW3 yet?
What makes you think that model will get 5.13.1? On the update page, the most current version for that Paperwhite is 5.12.3.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
What makes you think that model will get 5.13.1? On the update page, the most current version for that Paperwhite is 5.12.3.
Scroll up and find the links that show a screenshot of a PW3 running 5.13.1. I cannot say if it is real, buy one can hope.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #83
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
The battery life with the 5.13.1 sure is bad on my Oasis 2. And i do not use the bluetooth, and keep the Wifi off except if I have a book to download, or one to return to Kindle Unlimited.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:53 AM   #84
mports
mports began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 & Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
The battery life with the 5.13.1 sure is bad on my Oasis 2. And i do not use the bluetooth, and keep the Wifi off except if I have a book to download, or one to return to Kindle Unlimited.
Yep I've got to agree, my Oasis 3 battery level has been really good, right up until two weeks ago!

I read in aeroplane mode only, never use bluetooth and rarely use the backlight - In fact the ONLY thing that has changed, is that I manually installed 5.13.1.

From that exact moment forward I've noticed the battery level starting to drop at an alarming rate.
mports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:03 AM   #85
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Try to turn off the Aeroplane mode for about ten minutes.
Sometimes after update the system tries to download some additional files and does it again and again waiting for the connection.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:32 AM   #86
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I download the updates and load them into my Oasis, as far as I know I have never gotten an over the air update.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #87
sparksdls
sparksdls began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis
Quote:
I download the updates and load them into my Oasis, as far as I know I have never gotten an over the air update.
I recently updated from the PW to the Oasis and it didn't see the update - I also had to download it and manually load it to the Oasis.
sparksdls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #88
cvkemp
Loving life

each of the updates are for just one version of the kindle, you have to make sure you get the right update for the kindle you have.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #89
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
each of the updates are for just one version of the kindle, you have to make sure you get the right update for the kindle you have.
If you get the wrong update, it will not install, and the .bin file will get erased. At least that has been my experience.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
If you get the wrong update, it will not install, and the .bin file will get erased. At least that has been my experience.
That is correct. You cannot manually install the wrong Kindle firmware