Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #46
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I just received a new Kindle Oasis 3 which was delayed almost a week for delivery due to winter weather in the Sierras and I am in Reno. Amazon was already sending a replacement when mine arrived. Unit would not register as received. I contacted Amazon customer service who transferred me to Kindle reader technical support and they apparently were able to remove the registration block on the unit so I could register it.

I do know that in the past I bought a reported lost/stolen Kindle on Ebay and was told by Amazon that they could not remove the registration block from it. They did so on the new Oasis less than a week ago. Different circumstances for registration blocking or different type of block? The second unit is being returned unopened.

Last edited by Richwood; 12-09-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Add info
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #47
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Different circumstances for registration blocking or different type of block?
They unblock if they are contacted by the original owner, who requested the block.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #48
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
They unblock if they are contacted by the original owner, who requested the block.
So the unblock capability obviously exists but Amazon policy controls under what circumstances a registration block can be cancelled it seems.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #49
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
So the unblock capability obviously exists but Amazon policy controls under what circumstances a registration block can be cancelled it seems.
It has always been that way. It's not uncommon to lose a device, and contact Amazon to have it blocked, then end up finding it again. We always told users who would post on the old Amazon forums how to report a device lost/stolen, that it would take another call to Amazon if they ended up finding the device, so they could register it again.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:48 AM   #50
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
they have tech abilities and policies as said above,

but a new device, if really new, should not arrive with a block in place ???
did they send you a used one because new were out of stock ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #51
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
they have tech abilities and policies as said above,

but a new device, if really new, should not arrive with a block in place ???
did they send you a used one because new were out of stock ?
I had the impression that Amazon blocked the first one because they'd posted a second, to prevent to user having two working kindles. But the first one, delayed by weather, arrived. I wonder if the second one will now be blocked?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:51 AM   #52
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I had the impression that Amazon blocked the first one because they'd posted a second, to prevent to user having two working kindles. But the first one, delayed by weather, arrived. I wonder if the second one will now be blocked?
ah, that makes sense
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote